WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is latest firmware version documented anywhere?

[ Edited ]

I saw a post that a new firmware was released a few days ago, but I don’t see anything new in the app.  I’d like to know what the current firmware version is for various devices.  I have a switch (original, not insight) and a mini. 

Re: Is latest firmware version documented anywhere?

[ Edited ]

@Morac

The latest firmware of the Wemo Switch is 2.00.11057. For the Wemo Mini V1, it is 2.00.11143 while V2 runs 2.00.11163. The recent update is to address connection bugs and to protect your devices from security vulnerabilities. New feature will be added real soon so please hang tight! 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Those versions are fairly old, coming out last year.  A post on Jan 8, 2019, said there was a release to fix the remote access vulnerability, but there doesn’t seem to have been a release. 

Edit:

it it looks like I have a v1 since it has no QR code.  This despite the firmware version ended in SNSV2,

https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=288072

[ Edited ]

Hi Carl, will this firmware update address the issue with this CVE? 2018-6692?

What you stated seems to be accurate Morac, as we have no word yet from our Product Engineers on when will they be releasing the said updated firmware. Please hang tight and keep visiting our website more often to keep track.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

The firmware that was recently released was for the vulnerability fix for the Coffee Maker. Sorry for the confusion.

http://community.wemo.com/t5/News-and-Announcements/Wemo-Remote-Code-Execution-Vulnerability-UPDATE/...

Community Manager | PC Gamer | Mountain Biker