WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

LED lights suddenly flickering with WEMO dimmer

In our family room we have 5 recessed LED lights. We have had them for four years ( not sure of model and would have to remove them from the ceiling to find out.). Since the first day they were connected to an analog dimmer that was LED compatible and they have always worked flawlessly. 

I connected the WEMO dimmer back in June and it has controlled these lights well. I could even use our Echo to adjust the brightness. Today we apparently had a power outage for a couple of hours. During that time our emergency generator kicked in. I was not home but my wife was and she did not report anything unusual but now if we dimm the lights they all flicker in a sunchronus fashion. Any ideas what the cause could be?

Re: LED lights suddenly flickering with WEMO dimmer

Hi, mmelgar. This is actually an isolated case since the bulbs used to work fine before the power outage. Have you tried to reset your Wemo Dimmer and re-configure all your bulbs again? If you haven't, we suggest that you try it so we can get this issue properly isolated. If the issue persists, e-mail us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Escalation Engineers conduct a further diagnosis.

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Link to this Community Thread (for our reference):

We look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

I had the same problem with incandescent bulbs after hurricane Irma. Had to uninstall dimmer, reset to factory settings and after reinstalling all was fine. Try it!

Thanks for the suggestion. I reset the dimmer and everything is working fine now.

Had a power outage yesterday and now all lights that use wemo dimmer switches are flickering. Reset via app did not solve the issue.

Cut power to switcheds by turning off breaker and it fixed the problem. It must recalibrate itself somehow. Bizarre but it worked.

Re: LED lights suddenly flickering with WEMO dimmer FLIP THE BREAKER Off/On TO FIX

I agree with this resolution.

After power outage/generator kick-in for an hour and city power restoration, the lights flcikered.  No amount of manual reseting or reinstallation changed anything.

HOWEVER.....flipping off the breaker, waiting a few seconds, then restoring power fixed it.  Back to normal flicker-free dimming range.

Just had identical problem. Power outage. Generator kicked in. Massive flickering. CB reset after one second. Now fine.