WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Light Bulb always upgrading

I bought 2 WeMo bulbs and controller. Able to setup one bulb properly but second bulb always has a status of "upgrading....". Don't know why? Anyone?

Re: Light Bulb always upgrading

It's firmware might not have been updated successful, Darkace. Try rebooting the WEMO link and bulbs. If the result is the same, turn off the working bulb while the other one is updating its firmware.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

I had the same issue, try resetting the bulb in the WEMO app edit option and select erase everything.  Then you will need to setup the light bulb again, relinking it.  That's what I did and then the download ran successfully for me.

I'm having the same issue and I don't see how to access the edit option in the WEMO app (Android).  With the Lightbulb highlighted I click on the pencil icon and the icons a the top go away, there is a DONE button at the bottom, but I don't see anyway to do anything else.  It still says upgrading...  I have rebooted, turned off the other light from the starter kit, reset the bulb.

Help is here, robertglickstee. Let's get this properly isolated. How did you perform the reset? How many bulbs do you own? Is this the first time that you've updated the firmware? Did you encounter an error message? We suggest that you uninstall the wemo app, reboot your handheld device, reinstall the app then try to update it again. Let us know if that does the trick.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support
TRC

I have had the same problem. 1st try to restart your phone and maybe pull the battery out then put it back in and turn your phone on if that doesn't work the next thing I did was uninstall then reinstall the WeMo app as soon as I did that the upgrading was gone and everything worked fine. I keep the light on while i did this for the bulb that said upgrading. Everything back to normal.

I have the same problem.

I bought the WeMo starter kit (link+2 LED bulbs). One bulb is working ok, but the other always ahs a status of "upgrading...". I have reset and rebooted the link. It did not help. I have hard reset the bulbs, it did not help. I worry that the first bulb is essentially bricked.

This is not a good out-of-the-box user experience.

I just read the previous message about installing and re-installing the app.

That worked for me.

I didn't even need to re-install.

I just deleted the app's data and all fixed!