WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Lights flickering with WEMO dimmer

[ Edited ]

I am having a similar issue with my newly installed WeMo dimmer and Envirolite dimmable LED lights (link).  I have reset the dimming range for these lights several times, and they will only work flicker-free when they are at 100%.  If I go lower than that, they will slowly flicker and then flicker faster the dimmer I go.

I have these same lights installed elsewhere in the house paired with Lutron dimmers, and they work great.  Is there a list of tested LED lights in the same form factor?  I found a list on the WeMo site, but they only show tested LED bulbs.  The Halo cans I have installed are only for integrated LEDs.  Thanks!

Hi, Chris. We currently have bulbs that are tested to work with the Wemo dimmer for now. However, there might be some LED lights that will work if it meets the power specification. Please check this link

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Is there a solution yet for this issue? I have a similar issue. 8 LED DIMMABLE ceiling bulbs working on a non Wemo conventional dimmer for a year with no problems. Installed Wemo dimmer, worked for 2 weeks, and now flickering. The lights still dim, but they flicker at all brightness levels.

I just read page 2 and heard talk of a power outage. We also just had an outage. I was away, so lights were off the whole time.
Expert

Hi, dworkmancpa.

Please try to reboot the Wemo dimmer by turning OFF the connected bulb. Then press and hold the LED bar for 2 to 5 seconds. Release the button when the LED bar is illuminated white.

If setback recurs, we might need to reset the Wemo dimmer by pressing and holding the physical button or the LED bar for 6 to 9 seconds then releasing the button when the LED bar is illuminated blue. 

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

Same issue, I have four dim able newly installed lights. We put a non smart dimmer in and worked great for a couple months. The Wemo dimmer flickers on all settings except for full power. We have reset multiple times without any success. Please help.

Expert

Hello, Skpwow74.

After reset, did you repeat the setup process? 

You may also try to shut OFF the circuit breaker then turn it back ON.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

I did a warranty replacement of a wemo dimmer switch because it would continuously become non-accessible from the wemo app. Paid $14 shipping to return it. Now the replacement switch is doing the same thing as described in this thread. Never had flickering trouble with the original switch. 

Ive reset and recalibrated, too many times to remember.  I also triple checked the wiring to make sure there are no problems there but nothing fixes the flickering. It doesn’t flicker while in the process of dimming/brightening, just when the switch is not set at the brightest level. 

The lights are LED and are dimmable (they worked fine on the original switch). I can’t afford to pay shipping to send another switch back (it’s still under warranty). How can I get this replaced with a fully functional switch without having to pay more out of pocket?

Hi, Mnmpeterson,

It looks like you've already exhausted the basic steps. We'd like to have our 2nd Level Support team to take a look at your case and further diagnose the issue. Please send us an email to WEMOCares@Belkin.com with your contact details (full name, phone number, state/country), username, and the link to this community thread.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

I don't think all "dimmable" bulbs are the same. I installed wemo dimmer and my 4 Sylvania dimmable br40 85w 900lumen bulbs would each flicker at different points in the dimming range. I changed 2 to Cree br30 100w dimmable. Both Sylvania's still flickered, but both Cree's were steady and no flicker, same circuit with the Sylvania. I reset Wemo dimmer and now got the full dimming range with the Cree. I put in all 4 Cree's and no flicker at any setting. Hope this helps.