WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Long Press light switch

I have two wemo light switches that control 2 seperate lights on my front porch.  Both switches work correctly and I can control both with the app no problem.  I have a rule that turns both of them on at 6:30 and then again turns them off at 11:00.  I want to keep the rule but have also found that from time to time when I'm headed to bed before 11 I will turn the lights off on my way up the stairs.  So I used the long press rule to turn both of simltaniously.  But here is the problem.  When I hold the switch the first time, and release it does nothing.  If I push and hold the switch again a second time it works perfectly as it should.  

Is there something I am doing wrong?  A setting to change?  Anyone had anything like this happen?  Thanks for the help.

Re: Long Press light switch

I have this same exact problem.  
Did you ever find a solution?

Sorry no solution yet, no one seems to have the answer.  It does appear that people are expereicing this problem though, its not just your switch.  I posted on reddit too... and them thing... people with the same problem but no soluctions yet.

Expert

@foleyaadam

It seems like like there's conflict buzzing about in the background but let's isolate things first. Do you notice if the LED on the switch blinks when you hold down the switch? Also, does the rule still switch the lights on at 6:30PM and shuts off at 11PM?

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

I rewired a traditional 3 way dimmer setup to use a Wemo Dimmer (2 way). At the other end, I installed a Wemo Light Switch, whose load wire is not connected to anything, just insulated. The purpose of this 2nd switch was to solely use the long press feature to toggle on/off  the Wemo dimmer. This way I didn't *lose* any of the old/traditional functionality.  

When I long press it, its light flashes green power led a few times indicating a successful long press. Meanwhile that makes the dimmer flash its bottom white light once, but does not turn it (dimmer/light) on. However, if I try the long-press again, a 2nd time, it works fine. Then it switches on or off perfectly fine for the short term. The long press functionality is now actively working.

I am not sure after how long it times out and loses functionality again, but it's surely by the next time I need to use the switch. I notice that it has gone back to the state where the first long press does nothing (but flash the white light on the bottom of the dimmer) and only the 2nd attempt works.

What's really weird is that it flashes the white light on the dimmer, which means the light switch itself is doing its job with the long press. I fear the dimmer is not acting like it should until the signal is received a 2nd time.

The dimmer is neither on any schedule, nor used with IFTTT, for me to think of any conflicts.

Highlighted

Hi, rahulmm. Let's have our Escalation Engineers investigate on this matter further. Email us your contact details (full name, phone number, and community username), location (country/state), and the link to this post at WemoCares@belkin.com. Kindly include the summary of the workaround you've tried, as well.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support