WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: MAC Address

The MAC address is on the sticker on the WeMo device - it is the one associated with the WeMo network used to set up the device. The one you see after the setup process is +1.

so which mac do you use for the dhcp reservation the one on the device on the plus 1??

cheers

Never found the need but it's the +1.

Wierd I have tried both and one or the other (MAC address reservation) and they still have issues. I find this very odd that they don't document that the MAC address to use is the one on the device +1!?!?!

Community Manager

Devilbeard666 wrote:

Wierd I have tried both and one or the other (MAC address reservation) and they still have issues. I find this very odd that they don't document that the MAC address to use is the one on the device +1!?!?!

We do/did... Sort of... yeah...

So here is a KB article about MAC address filtering with Wemo:  http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8120

It doesn't mention the +1 becuase of the massive number of negitve feedback and complaints we received we just simplified the article.  

When you send feedback in for those KB articles, the bottom portion where it says "Rate this article" or "did this help" we actually look at that feedback and make changes where necessary.  This issue had a ton of complaints and people just not understanding it so again it was simplified.  Good news is we are working on bringing those back up to having the full information in a friendlier tone which should make it easier to understand.

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support

Hi,

ok ok that's good, but could save quite a few headaches I think  :0D

did you know that the insight switches let power through even when turned off!!!?

regards

See other reply to same question/statement.

aye yes dont want to have mutple threads of the same thing ...eek sorry.

didnt realise the responce time was so good on theis community board!!!  lol

Smiley SurprisedD

Highlighted

go into settings and about then hardware info and then u can see the MAC address