WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

MAC Address

How can I retrieve the MAC address of all devices on a network? I have some rogue wireless signals I am trying to pin-point and see no way to identify a MAC or IP as a WEMO device.
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: MAC Address

Typically you would look in your router's DHCP client table if they are connected.

Check if you are having similar issue to the link below please:

OpenWRT WPA2 Incompatib​ility 

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Belkin
Communities Technical Support

I just finished going through and mapping all the MAC addresses. This was quite a pain as I had to block devices one by one in the router then run around the house to see which one lost it's connection.

Most of my devices are in wall light switches so I could not easily get to the labels on the physical switches I did notice that the label on my sole outlet has the wrong MAC listed.

One would think there would be a way to identify the MAC in the Wemo App but this does not seem possible.

Community Manager

Actually this is all listed in the App under the report a problem area.

iOS:

More > Tell us what you think > Report a problem

Android:

System menu > Tell us what you think > Report a problem

It opens up your email app and populates info about your WEMO's and gets it ready for you to send to our support team.  Just remove the email address it adds in and replace it with your own if you want a backup copy.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

I noticed printed on label MAC address is not matching actual address WEMO device is reporting. This applies to all devices I own. The 10 of these have address off by last :x1, one device had address off by xx:xx:1x:xx:xx:x1.

Why label differs from actual addresses?

the report a problem no longer opens up your email app to send the email and in fact I dont believe that it sends an email at all?

Community Manager

timblackhall wrote:

the report a problem no longer opens up your email app to send the email and in fact I dont believe that it sends an email at all?

This was changed when the 1.13 app was released.

If you have an iOS device you can still access this from a "Not Detected" WEMO in the devices list when you tap report a problem.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

How do you look up the MAC address?  The report a problem trick did not work.

How do you identify the MAC address of WEMo switches?  The "Report a problem" trick does not work.

Did you unplug one of your Wemos so it isn't available? Click on the greyed out Wemo device in app... Report a Problem and change the email address to your own.