WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: MAC Address

esdwa asked something that I am seeing that never got answered:

I noticed printed on label MAC address is not matching actual address WEMO device is reporting. This applies to all devices I own. The 10 of these have address off by last :x1, one device had address off by xx:xx:1x:xx:xx:x1.

I am seeing the same thing.  When I look at the connected devices on my router, the MAC addresses don't match (usually off by 1 in the last character).  I also used your latest method of looking at the MAC addresses using the Report a Problem for a Not Detected device and I see that the MAC addresses listed in the report match the ones on the labels, but not the ones in my router connected devices table.  Any idea why the discrepancy?

Expert

[ Edited ]

@Slimeytoad

The one found on the sticker is the hardware MAC address while the one found in the router's DHCP client table is the virtual MAC address which is plus one character of the hardware MAC address.

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support 

[ Edited ]

Hi Robert.

I too am looking to hard code all my IP via Mac address filtering...I have over 50 devices in my home and it is not easy to simply make the device "Not detected"

I use Apple Extreme routers(4 of them) so the DHCP table table shows a lot of device names and ip's which dont always lineup with with the actual device i coded.  i have 3 switches and 3 light switches, and it isnt easy to kill the power to the light switches to get them to show as "Not Connected" state.

If i use the iOS app and put it into airplane mode then i cant generate a help email either as there is no "Not Connected" state in the drop down options

Can0n.

Unplug one of your Wemos so it goes grey.... click on it to report a problem. This will generate an email message with all of your devices with MAC addresses. Change the email address and send it to yourself.

worked perfectly thanks

I have this before issue too, none Of my 4 wemo devices Mac address as reported by the wemo app actually match the Mac address in my router, they are all out by :x1.

>I noticed printed on label MAC address is not matching actual address WEMO device is reporting. This applies to all devices I own. The 10 of these have address off by last :x1, one device had address off by xx:xx:1x:xx:xx:x1.

If you have an Android device use WeMo Automation Manager app to quickly identify each devices virtual MAC.  Click the arrow on the device and select detail.

Here is what I find difficult to understand, many homes throughout the world are now using networks how can a company like Belkin create a device that doesn't have a Mac IP attached to it and it's package? Why does using this little device have to be made so difficult ?
Expert

@imakos . We'd like to hear you out. Could you tell us more about your challenge? 

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support 

yes I have just recently found thid out...what the hell, the mac address on the actual devices is not the one picked up by the router. surely this is wrong!!!!! manufacturing fault or hardware fault, either way could explain why people have so mch trouble keepin gthe devices connected!!!!