WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Mini plugs not staying connected

Router is an ASUS RT-AC68U. I've had it forced to 20Mhz onlyon the 2.4Ghz network for a couple of weeks now. I did briefly try going to N only but that didn't seem to make a difference, and it knocked my Sonos devices off the network, so I set it back to Auto. 

I do have a Mac I can try that Java app on. I'll see if that tells me anything interesting and report back. 

At the moment, Mike's Java app doesn't see the mini-plugs at all. I can see the two lightswitches, but not the plugs. Anything else interesting I can do with the app with regards to troubleshooting?

WEMO Maker Inventor

"You may try it with a different hand held device and report back..."

Oh wait, that's not for my apps Smiley Happy.

If the wemos are flashing amber/wite they're not configured.  If they're flashing amber they think they're not connected to your router, but I've heard that may be.  If they're not flashing they think they're connected but they may not be visible in the belkin app.  So next might be to look at your router's status to see if the wemos are there.  Look for a wifi client that's got a MAC near (it might be off by one digit).  If it's there see if it's been assigned an IP, or ideallly assign it a reserved IP.

Then you can pop back into the WemoServer java app and use "find manually" with the reserved IP to see if it's there.

If it is flashing alternate colors sometimes they'll connect after a few (or many) configuration attempts.  Belkin has released a pretty crappy setup app and when combined with what seems to be a badly tuned wifi chip on the minis plus a poor firmware release it can be pretty frustrating.

[ Edited ]

I've got no flashing, and they're not showing up on my router anywhere. At one point when they were showing up, I made note of their MAC addresses and they're not currently in my client list (and all clients that I do see are accounted for). 

It's been a couple of weeks. Is anyone from WEMO/Belkin watching this thread? I'd really like to get some help beyond what the community has suggested, as I'm still at the same place I was when I reported the issue. 

Nobody? I'm sure I've seen WEMO support show up on other peoples' threads. I guess these will go back to Amazon with a terrible review. 

WEMO Maker Inventor

I think it takes at least a week before belkin will even bother responding...  Sometimes I get the feeling they wait till the OP has returned the devices so they don't need to engage them as it hurts their "solved" metrics...

What's odd is you're not seeing flashing, which means the wemos think they're connected.  Are you sure about the MACs?  Their MAC's don't match the stickers, they're usually off by one digit.

To be 100% sure you need to run my app (or java application) on a device that's connected to the exact same part of the network (band, extenders, wap, etc) as the wemos, and you need to have multicast enabled on the router/switch that's managing them, and you should have uPNP *disabled*.

@AlanFry and @vespa59

We'll have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team, please send us an email through WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following information:
-Full Name
-Phone Number
-Email Address
-Location (City/State)
-Username
-Link to this thread

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support