WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mini smart plug turns off after 4-5 minutes

I have at least two devices showing this behaviour - they turn on via the physical switch or the app then 4-5 minutes later they turn off. This seems to have started after the most recent firmware update that added HomeKit? Software version is showing as WeMo_WW_2.00.11143.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2. I’ve removed all my rules in an effort to try to solve it but no joy.

Any ideas? I’ve searched and found nothing. This is quite annoying as basically I’m going to have to remove them so I can have lamps on!

Re: Mini smart plug turns off after 4-5 minutes

Just tried unplugging the smart plug for a while and that didn’t help. Also did a factory reset and it now seems to turn off even quicker - after maybe 1 minute. Weird?
Anonymous

I have the same problem but it turns off at random times before the designated turn off time. I did a reset too and that didn't work.

Thanks. Good to know it’s not just me. I’ve had to unplug all four that I have and go back to a less-automated house! I suspect if this was widespread there’d be more reports so I guess this is something unique to do with my network or network devices setup. I’d love it if someone could chime in who knows what might trigger a switch off?
Highlighted

Wow, after just sitting for a bunch of time on Belkin support chat, they tell me they can't support WeMo devices. Uh oh. I see why these things go on offer so often. Seeing as support here is non-existent, I guess I'll be getting rid. Looking for suggestions on better smart receptacles.. :-(

Hello richyrich and Blaw,

What's the OS and version of the handheld device? Are you getting any error message on the app? What specific rules have you set?

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Hey Reynaldo and thanks for the reply. I’m running the latest WeMo app on IPhone 8+ with iOS 12. No error messages at all, the app seems to be working totally fine just the devices turn off. I only have rules to turn them all on at sunset and off after a certain time. I did try removing all rules and it still happens.

Is there any known situation where the plugs turn off their device?

Let's have our Escalation Engineers perform a further diagnosis on this matter, richyrich. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your full name, location, phone number, community username and a link to this post for our reference.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

I have the same problem. Was a solution identified?

Hi, ToftyWhat's the model number and firmware version of the Wemo device? Are there any rules created? How often does this happen, is there a time pattern? What workarounds have you tried so far?

Make sure to use the latest Wemo App version and update the device if there's a new firmware available.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support