WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Mini smart plug turns off after 4-5 minutes

No solution yet however I only just sent the email asking for escalation support that Rosalyn suggested. I'll post back here with any progress.

It's very odd. On the weekend I even tried removing them all and re-adding each one with factory reset and a new setup. Same thing happened. Very very odd. Pity there's no logging on each device to show events and triggers received. I'm sure that would clear it up pretty quickly. 

Anonymous

I'm using Android 8.0 on Xperia zx1.
I get no error message. It was working fine until the last firmwarw update. I have it set daily to turn on at 7:30pm and turn off at midnight. Even when I disabled the rule, it would turn off at a random time.

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm using Android 8.0 on Xperia zx1.
I get no error message. It was working fine until the last firmwarw update. I have it set daily to turn on at 7:30pm and turn off at midnight. Even when I disabled the rule, it would turn off at a random time.

Hi, Blaw. Have you tried to delete the rule and recreate it? If not please do so. You can also try to use a different handheld device as well (could be an IOS device) and check if that'll make any changes. Hope this helps.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support
Anonymous

I resetted the device. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and I still have the same problem. Also remote access does not work. The rules don't even show on remote access but when I'm on my home wifi, it shows up.

@Blaw,

Do you mean to say that it is now working fine with your home network? If so, then please try disabling and enabling the remote access feature of the Wemo App and check if it will behave the same.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support
Anonymous

No, it still doesn't work. I still have the same problem. And adding that remote access also doesn't work.
Anonymous

Also when I delete the rule and close the app, the rule is still there when I open the app again.

Let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this, Blaw. For us to proceed, please send an email to WemoCares@belkin.com with the following information:
▪ your username and link to this post
▪ MAC address of the smart plug
▪ make/model of the router to which the Wemo Mini Smart Plug is connected
▪ contact details (name, city/state, and phone number)

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support
Anonymous

Emailed Escalation Engineers and they got back but couldn't resolved the problem. Stephanie was very friendly and was flexible with being able to contact me during a time I was at home. Since the issue could not be resolved, she moved my case to level 2 support.

From there customer service dropped. Their hours are only from 8am to 3pm on weekdays which is during my work hours so I can't be at home to try to troubleshoot with them. My case was recommended to another person that worked on weekends. We communicated through email and tried to find a time that worked for both of us. He said he temporarily closed my case and will reopen it when we set a time and able to talk on the phone. I emailed him a time that would work and never heard back.

Not wasting my time on this product anymore. My mini is now e-waste.