WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Mobile Device Can't Connect to the WeMo Cloud. Huh?

I'm trying to set up a WeMo switch. I get onto the WeMo network but all I get is "Check your internet connection and try again in a bit. Your mobile device can't reach the WeMo cloud."

My wireless is working fine and I have previously set up 6 Wemo devices already and this never happened.

My airport bridged device is only 4 feet away from the switch.

Re: Mobile Device Can't Connect to the WeMo Cloud. Huh?

Hi. You should try resetting the WEMO switch again. By the way, are the other WEMO device still working right now? You should also try to check if there is any MAC filtering on your router, that could also be a possibility why it won't connect.

Here's a link for the reset instruction: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=123734

Hope this helps.

Thanks for responding. Yeah, I've done a hard reset on it at least 10 times but it's exactly the same result. And, yes, every one of my previously installed WeMo wall and light switches is working perfectly. I actually bought 3 new switches and have tried all 3 and the same thing happenes. The only things left to explore are that I replaced my Airport router with the exact same type of router. Same settings, all the other switches still working.OR I am using a IOS 9 beta version on my iPhone. But, again, I can see all my devices on my phone, so with the beta, so...

@starkeef The new WEMo App 1.13 has just been released. Try to do an update and check if it's the same.

I know, I did yesterday and I was all excited, thinking this would probably solve the problem. I did and it didn't. However it did update the firmware on all my currently installed devices. Thanks for your reply.

Has anyone been able to find a solution for this error message? I am experiencing the same problem with my WEMO Link + 2 LED lightbulbs after installing a new router in my house. Please note that two of my WEMO Switch devices were able to connect to my new network without any problems.

Here are the following troubleshooting steps that I have tried with no results:

- Hard reset of new router

- Hard reset of LED lightbulbs

- Hard reset of WEMO Link device

- Deleted and re-installed WEMO iOS App

Just to add a new development...

I was able to pair my two bulbs to the actual Link unit itself, but now I can't detect/add the Link unit to my list of devices on the iOS app. 

My problem was I was using a 9.0 beta of the OS on my iPhone. Once Belkin updated their app to work with El Capitan it worked fine.

Expert

You may power cycle the WEMO Link, Fhloston. You can also restart your handheld device and launch the app again. For further isolation, I would also suggest that you use another handheld device and see if it will detect your switches. 

Thanks for your reply. But the WeMo app upgrade fixed the problem. It's all good now.