WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Mr.Coffee not brewing after firmware update

After installing firmware update WeMo_WW_2.00.11308.PVT-OWRT-Smart for my Mr.Coffee it stopped brewing coffee. It looks like it's brewing and the WeMo app even reports when it thinks the coffee is ready, but no coffee is brewed.
Has anyone else had this happen?

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Will there possibly be another firmware update that will fix my coffee maker or did Belkin just brick it for me?

Re: Mr.Coffee not brewing after firmware update

@vid187

Hi there! If a reboot on the unit doesn't give us any progress, let's try a restore and reconfigure so we can isolate it further. Here's how: https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=123735. Also, are you still able to control it with no issues using Wemo App? 

BTW, after the restore, you also may need to uninstall then reinstall the Wemo App to make sure that you have the latest version of it.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

@carl_s
I tried resetting the coffee maker according to the instructions and I also deleted and reinstalled the app. The app and its interactions with the Mac hen seems to be working. It tells you to refil water etc. appropriately and hitting the brew button also works. The machine beeps and starts blinking as if it’s brewing except it doesn’t actually brew anything.
Please advise how to proceed
Thanks!

@vid187 wrote:
@carl_s
I tried resetting the coffee maker according to the instructions and I also deleted and reinstalled the app. The app and its interactions with the Mac hen seems to be working. It tells you to refil water etc. appropriately and hitting the brew button also works. The machine beeps and starts blinking as if it’s brewing except it doesn’t actually brew anything.
Please advise how to proceed
Thanks!

Noted on that, vid187. May we know what happened prior to the issue? Also, when did you notice this occurrence? If possible, please attach a screenshot on this thread so we can check on it. Do you have other Wemo device? If so, are they working properly on the Wemo app? For further isolation, you can try to use a different handheld device and check if that'll make any difference. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

The coffee maker was working the day before. I updated the firmware from the app and when it was done updating, I tried brewing a pot of coffee and it wouldn’t brew at that point.
Maybe with noting is that I did try to brew by pushing the button on the coffee maker, NOT using the app. 

I did a fresh install of the app on my wife’s phone with the same result. I do have several Wemo minis and a couple of light switches and they all work great

Below are screenshots of the app as I try to brew. 

Initial....

Initial.png

After I hit the brew button (with the animated coffee cup)

Brewing.png

And here is once the coffee maker thinks it’s done.  At this point there is no coffee in the pot. 

Done.png

Thanks for helping!

Highlighted

@vid187

Let's have our Escalation Engineers look into this further. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details: 

• Full name. 
  • Phone number.
  • Location - City or state. 
  • MAC Address of the Coffee maker.
  • Community Username.
  • The link to this thread for easy reference. 
Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support