WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NTP and DHCP option 42

I have a variety of WEMO devices and they're all sending NTP requests to various servers over the internet. Meanwhile, I have a fine NTP server on my local network that I'd prefer they use.

If I set DHCP option 42 to specify an NTP server, will WEMO firmware respect that?

Re: NTP and DHCP option 42

@peetee wrote:

I have a variety of WEMO devices and they're all sending NTP requests to various servers over the internet. Meanwhile, I have a fine NTP server on my local network that I'd prefer they use.

If I set DHCP option 42 to specify an NTP server, will WEMO firmware respect that?

It's unlikely you'll get an answer from someone in-the-know on thsi question.  The easiest way will be to set it and find out.  If it doesn't, snoop for where they're hitting the internet NTP servers and resolve those in your local DNS to your internal NTP server.

Re: NTP and DHCP option 42

Thanks, I figured that'd be the case. I'll report back with my findings. (Ideally I would like to use option 42, so that WEMO uses my local NTP clock, and I can still use the same DNS to have my local stratum clock reference a public NTP server.)