WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Need Help from Wemo/Belkin Support - before I return all your products

@luxferro wrote:

@carl_s wrote:

@luxferro 

We understand that! We can still have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis with your issues. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

- Phone Number.
- Location - City/State.
- Community Username.

- Serial Number of the Wemo unit.
- Link to this Community thread.

We'll be looking forward to your email.

Done. The title is "Emailing my info as per Carl_S on the Wemo Forums". I included all the requested info, along with more detailed info about all my wemo devices. Hopefully someone answers me this time, as I had already emailed WemoCares@belkin.com 10 days ago, and no one ever replied.

@carl_s

I just sent another copy of the pictures (which show all the device info, as well as other info) as an email attachment, and also provided a link to the same files hosted on my google drive, just incase there are any issues with the attachment being lost/blocked.

I'm really not sure why any of this info is required to wipe out my account. I don't want to put any more effort into troublshooting this until the account is a clean slate... then I will pair the 1 light switch that is giving me issues, as the only device on the account... monitor it over time for a few days. If all goes well, I'll add the rest of the devices.

The wemo backend software (cloud account) has a mind of it's own, and I'm 99% sure it's the problem with my devices. If I disable remote device control, it comes back on it's own. I've factory reset devices from within the wemo app, and yet later on i'd see phantom versions of the device showing as disconnected, when it should have been erased.

I don't even intend on using wemo's software, but unfortunately I need to use it to pair to my account. I use home assistant and google assistant to control my devices. 

My understanding is that if you delete the iOS App, then do a full reset from the WeMo Link wall wart by holding the BACK button while plugging in for a good length, that it will wipe everything including any account info on Wemo cloud servers.

You will then need to reset and pair each connected device as new.

(This corrected a minor problem I had occasionally with some devices being 'unavailable', and IFTT function became snappier, grouped device triggers started working correctly and simultaneous for shut offs.)

[ Edited ]

I just figured I'd update my thread.

Support finally got around to doing something on their end. They didn't do what I had asked (for all wemo devices and remote devices to be remoted from my wemo account so I can start with a clean slate), but they did remove all the remote devices.

I'm not sure if they did anything else behind the scenses, but after I re-paired the problematic light switch back to my wemo account after they did their thing, all has been good.

All my switches have been going for fine without any disconnections since the changes on their end - 6 days so far.

Screenshot_20180927-154801.png

Problematic switch was SW-Outside-0.

[ Edited ]

Well it worked fine for about a week, then started doing the same thing.  I give up. These will be the last wemo products I purchase...

So the solution is not to buy wemo or belkin products, since their software is an afterthought, and support is useless!

[ Edited ]

@luxferro

If you allow us, we'd like to re-endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers so they can run a further diagnosis on this disconnection setback. We'd like to rectify things out before you set the units aside.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

@carl_s wrote:

@luxferro

If you allow us, we'd like to re-endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers so they can run a further diagnosis on this disconnection setback. We'd like to rectify things out before you set the units aside.

Carl, I'd consider it if support actually listened to me and did what was asked. After the last series of exchances I have no faith in your support team. 

1st, the person who called me didn't do any reading of the support issue prior to calling me. The least they could have done was read the thread or the support ticket. I had to re-explain everything from the begining, and I'm not doing that again.

2nd, when any actions were actually taken, they didn't do what was asked and agreed to. I had asked for my account to be deleted - like it never existed, or to remove all wemo devices from it. Neither was done. The only thing that was done, at least from what I could see on my end, is they cleared all the old remote control devices, but left all my wemo devices paired to my account.

I don't see why anyone needs any interactions from me, since the issue is on your end. The devices are still powered and configured so if someone wants to fix it go right ahead, but I don't want to waste my time anymore. This isn't the first time I've had issue with these wemo light switches. A while back my bedroom light switch used to do the same thing... but it eventually stopped after a firmware update...

[ Edited ]

For additonal context; check out all my other smart home devices and their uptime.... the only one with issues is the last wemo device I added and have had issues with (SW-Outside-0). It's not the physical device, as it's already been replaced once. And it worked fine for over a week without any hiccups after you guys did stuff on your end.. then went back to it's old ways. 

snip_20181010182327.png

(right click image, open in new tab if can't read it)

It really is a shame. Just 2 years ago this platform was full of energy and innovation and now...it languishes, seemingly without direction. In the last month I’ve gone from 32 WeMo devices to 6 as I convert over to the Osram Sylvania platform because I just can’t hold out hope anymore.

Like you, I spent an absurd amount time on the phone with the “escalation engineer” who didn’t seem to have ever used a WeMo product and didn’t have the background of my request, which was simply to remove a WeMo Link from my account.

It’s clear there is some spark left in the platform: the dimmer is marvelous, and the native HomeKit support for the mini plug was nice, but unfortunately too little, too late. The Bridge is a disaster, the app is a slow-motion train wreck, and the Link was for reasons I still can’t discern deliberately sabotaged before it was discontinued.

WeMo could have eaten Hue’s lunch, but instead seems to have eaten itself, discontinuing products rather than developing them.
Highlighted

Case in point: the light switch is now sold out on Belkin’s own website. That’s exactly how the Link and Maker went. Knowing that Belkin has stopped selling WeMo altogether in Australia and the UK, it does seem like this is the end.