WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Need Help from Wemo/Belkin Support - before I return all your products

[ Edited ]

Long story short;

I've had some Wemo Light Switches for a while now - 2 to be exact. While they gave me issues initially, like all things Wemo, they eventually behaved and continued to work for a year+ time. About 2-3 weeks ago, I decided to change over the rest of my light switches to Wemo, and purchashed 3 more from Amazon. They come, I install them, all but one of the new switches work perfectly. This one switch continuely connects, disconnects, so I try everything I can - basically removed the device from the app (using the reset option), using the physical reset button of the switch... nothing works. So I email support (both Wemo and Belkin), neither reply.

So I send it back to Amazon for a new one, explaining that support has ignored me. New one comes, I swap it out, let it update the firmware, and all is good for the next 2 days... then bam, out of no where it's now continuely connecting/disconnecting from wifi. So before I order some TP-Link or other brand, and send back every Wemo device I own I've come here in hopes of getting some actual support from this company.

I have all my smart home devices being monitored by Home Assistant, and here is a histroy plot of my 5 wemo light switches over time, for the last week or so. You'll see the initial defective Wemo Light Switch, then will see it drop off, and be replaced by the new one, which works fine for 2 days straight, before going crazy.... I suspect the issue is on their cloud for my account, but since I have no control over that, and support doesn't reply to support emails, I'm stuck.

The switch in question is SW-Outside-0

snip_20180913131117.png

edit: right click image, and open in new tab to see big version.

Re: Need Help from Wemo/Belkin Support - before I return all your products

@luxferro 

We understand that! We can still have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis with your issues. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

- Phone Number.
- Location - City/State.
- Community Username.

- Serial Number of the Wemo unit.
- Link to this Community thread.

We'll be looking forward to your email.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Let me guess, based on the name of the device, it’s outside or controls outside lights? If that’s correct, is it further away from your router and thus losing WiFi connection? Purely based on my experiences.

[ Edited ]

delete - forgot to quote reply

@PhilH wrote:

Let me guess, based on the name of the device, it’s outside or controls outside lights? If that’s correct, is it further away from your router and thus losing WiFi connection? Purely based on my experiences.

Nope, it's not outside, or any further away than any other switch.

It's actually right next to the Kitchen light switch (they are side by side), and it controls the outside light - which I really rarely use, but I'd like the switch to work still.

@carl_s wrote:

@luxferro 

We understand that! We can still have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis with your issues. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

- Phone Number.
- Location - City/State.
- Community Username.

- Serial Number of the Wemo unit.
- Link to this Community thread.

We'll be looking forward to your email.

Done. The title is "Emailing my info as per Carl_S on the Wemo Forums". I included all the requested info, along with more detailed info about all my wemo devices. Hopefully someone answers me this time, as I had already emailed WemoCares@belkin.com 10 days ago, and no one ever replied.

[ Edited ]

@carl_s

Is anyone actually doing anything over there? 

I finally got a reply, and it was basically a canned procedure for reseting the app. They ignored all my questions, and requests for removing old remote devices and wemo devices... The app isn't the problem in this case (while it is garbage). The problem is with my account, and on Wemo's end.

Can you please have someone wipe my account clean of all devices, and user info so I can start fresh?

The fact that I have to depend on corporate support is really frustrating. You guys should make a user accessable portal so we can do this kind of stuff ourselves, rather than wait on questionable support. Or better yet, do away with the cloud services, since no one wants to fix anything, and create a hardware hub or some server software so we can do everything locally on our own servers.

You'd be better to email your request to: wemocares@belkin.com

@Newtown wrote:

You'd be better to email your request to: wemocares@belkin.com

I have already, multiple times. But it doesn't matter, they are clueless. Tried telling me canned things to try, all of which are common sense and already done. It's like they don't read anything anyone says.

Then it got esculated to higher tier suport, who called earlier today on a sunday. I missed the call.. was watching football. They called back again like 20 minutes ago..  and again, this person was clueless, asking me basic stuff about my issues, and system, when it has all been detailed multiple times via email, and here.

I asked they just remove all assosiated devices from my account in emails multiple times, then just asked them to delete it so I can start over... then she asks for the mac addressses of all my devices, while on the phone... I lost it and hung up. I've ran out of patience for incompetent support. I provided all this info in the one of the first emails I had sent to support, in screen captures of the hardware info of every wemo device I owned. Either way, it's all info they should have about devices tied to the account.

So if they don't wipe my account, then the last 3 purchases are getting returned to amazon, the other devices will be removed, sold or tossed out, and replaced with TP-Link.

@luxferro 

We can't seem to find the emails that you've sent to our Cares mailer. Did you use another email address when shooting an email at WemoCares@belkin.com? We could still have this take care of by the Escalations team before you set aside the units. Please email us again with your case number from our Support team so we can retrieve your records and have it reviewed. We do apologies for the inconvenience. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support