WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Netcam App not working on iPhone or iPad since Dec. 24 2014

Hello,

Have people been having problems viewing their netcam live stream from mobile devices using the netcam app?  When i try to connect I get the error "Cannot receive video data..."

The weird thing is I can connect to the camera through the web interface login and I have email alerts that sends  2 still frames that is working. But for some reason I can't connect on the the mobile App.

I have:

1) installed and re-installed the App

2) unplugges and plugged the netcam to reboot

3) reset the netcam itself using the reset pin

in the app itself the netcam has a "green dot" indicating it is online but when i click on the camera it says " Conneting to the camera... and then I get the same error message.

Any suggestions?

Re: Netcam App not working on iPhone or iPad since Dec. 24 2014

Maybe the NetCam app needs updating. Are you using the latest version of the app? Try to install the latest app version to a different iOS/Android device for comparison.

Yes i have the the latest app and version and have always updated when the updates are released.  Anyway I have a work around by using the Seedonk iSecurity+ App instead of the Belkin Netcam App. The Seedonk App alows me to use the Belkin NetCam using the same log on credentials.

Same for me for the past couple of weeks... Same message on iPhone and iPad. Turned on email alerts and I get some alerts on all cameras;however, can not get direct access on devices or web. It IS NOT on my end. I have a Fiber to the home connection and more than enough bandwidth to see the video. As I said before, all cameras (4 total) worked absolutely perfect until a week or two ago. Other "cloud based" devices of mine work fine... This has got to be a Belkin Problem that they are not addressing properly to their customers who bought several hundred dollars of equipment that has decided to not work properly.

The netcam app is still not working. So to get around this I insalled the Seedonk iSecurity+ app which lets you view your Belkin NetCam using the same log on credentials as the NetCam App.  Using this App i can connect to the live stream no problem.

I have had the same problems. It actually started before Dec 24th.

All 9 of my cameras worked perfectly excepting for the occasional required power cycling of some cams.

I have the problem at home or remote(with high spped access).

I have rebooted routers and all cams.

I get green dots on cams and can change setting usisng iphone app.

I get unable to recieve video data with app.

Using a browser at netcam.belkin.com with IE - site responds poorly.

In Firefox, still slow, no video.

I can change camera settings and see pics in changin motion detection.

My internet is working perfectly.

I even tried the 30 day sample of their cloud service, no difference.

Honestly, do they really expect you to pay  for this level of service and support.

I am considering switching to Dropcam and Ebaying my Netcams.

I have (already had) the iSecurity+ APP installed. The same thing happens as with the NetCam APP.

The last poster listed all the same things that I have done... This is very frustrating, and Belkin really could care less, as we all talk between ourselves. They have NO customer Support of any kind; however, they want you to buy thier products. I'm really sorry I bought all these cameras now... They just are a visual security aid now and serve no real function. VERY expensive "FAKE" security cameras.

I also have the  iSecurity+ APP installed, video does work however the servers are very slow to respond to requests.

BTW This approach did not seem to work over the holidays.

Since these are all powered by Seedonk, what is up with Belkin?

Does anyone from Belkin or Seedonk view this site?

I've had the same issues as above. I just got off a one-hour internet chat with a Belkin tech (who was located in India). He was able to log onto my camera and see video (I made him prove it by holding a unique note in front of the camera and making him tell me what it said. He got it right.). He told me that he made some changes in my camera but I didn't ask what. After that I was able to log in and see video. But, he said that my issues were probably due to network speed, and traffic. I suggested that maybe there were lots of Belkin products on line because they were received as Xmas gifts. (Longshot maybe)
The tech chat tool is available from the Belkin website. Be advised. It takes a while and they keep re-asking questions, saying "Thank you" and saying "I'm sorry." Just bear with them.

Good luck.

Dan

Just started using the netcam HD  and have the same problem from the iPad. Seedonk works for me though. The Android App works fine all of the time. Problem with the Apple version?