WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Netcam offline / unavailable

[ Edited ]

My netcam - model: F7D7601v1 S/N: 35333VB1102044 - has been working fine for over a year. Suddenly the video feed in the app: version 2.0.4 andriod - says the camera is unavailable. Navagating to the webpage https://netcam.belkin.com - results in a "camera offline" message. The camera appears to be communicating with the router properly with a blinking green wifi light and a solid power light. The video button on the camera is set in the down position. Furthermore, my router admin page shows the camera is connected with an IP and I am able to ping the IP with no issues.

I have set the 2.4GHz channel on my router to 1, 3, 6, and 11 with no success. I have completely removed the app on my phone and reinstalled with no success. I have reset the camera back to factory a few times and ran the setup with no success. When setting up the camera after a facotry reset I can view the camera however once the setup is complete I get the above results: camera offline in the webpage and camera unavailable in the app.

I am unable to check the firmware on the camera due to my inability to communicate with the app or the webpage.

Is there anything I am missing?

Re: Netcam offline / unavailable

Expert

@socialmedia                 

What is the status light at the back of the WeMo netcam after you set it up? The lights should be (Power & WiFi) both green.

Winber - 28302
Wemo Technical Support

Power is solid green. WiFi is blinking green.

@socialmedia
Understood. Have you restarted the NetCam? If that does not work, reset it instead and set it up again. Here's the link on how: http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8043

Let us know how it goes.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

I have restarted the netcam several times. I have used a pin to reset the netcam to factory 4 times as well.

As referenced in the original post - upon resetting the netcam and during initial setup I can view the camera however once the setup is complete and I attempt to view the camera using the app or the webpage the camera does not work and states it is offline or unavailable. The initial setup completes with no errors, my router sees the netcam and assigns an IP which I am able to ping successfully indicating there is a connection. However when logging into the app or the webpage the camera will say its offline and unavailable.  

@socialmedia
Understood. We'll have one of our technicians check your device to make sure. Please email us your contact details at WemoCares@belkin.com. Also, include the link to this forum page.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Same problem here on the same date by the looks of it. Same camera, desciption to the letter.

Did you manage to get it resolved?

I've tried again this morning, factory reset the thing and setup which all looked good.

No camera availble using Android app or website using Win7.

It's been a week now which is pretty bad service if it proves to be the server end.

@Gonzini
The NetCam should work properly after you reset and configure the device again. If the problem persists, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com and we'll get this sorted out. Please include the link to this post as a reference.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support
SOS

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. This issue is persistent and seems to be in connection with the latest software update. Since the update, the camera is offline every single day (both mobile and desktop), sometimes multiple times each day. After unplugging and plugging back in, cam will be available for a short while before becoming offline again. We've tried resetting multiple times with no luck. Both power and wifi light is solid green. This camera is now useless and is basically wall decoration at this point.

Please provide solution.

Model: F7D7606v1

S/N:35551VB2200479