WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: Newest firmware for wemo switch

Hi hko,

Aside from what andot0526 suggested, you may try to disable and delete the rules. After that, create the same rules and see if it will work this time. If that won't work, I suggest that you powercycle the switch, or reset and reconfigure it. By the way, what is the current firmware version of your WEMO switch? 

Ok. So belkin are still not fixing this. Has anyone any idea how to downgrade? Tftp?

[ Edited ]

After reading this post, I was concerned about the update so I put it off a long as I could. This weekend I upgraded and it went okay but not perfect. My 20+ devices were not updating their firmware even after many hours. So then I decided to unplug the Insights and one remote WeMo Switch everything upgraded and worked. I then updated the four of my six plug-in devices by temporarily moving them closer to the router. For some reason, they need a strong signal to upgrade. 

I use Mike P's Wemomanger for control so I did not run into the GMT issues like others in this posting.

hko

Jonah, I was contacted by the Wemo support about this failure and I have already tried all the standard tricks which actually very seldom are of any use. The firmware release which Belkin released in the spring broke the rules and there is no amount of resetting the devices/app or deleting the rules that will cure this. Only a proper firmware/sw fix by Belkin will make the rules work again.

I am running the latest firmware version available to me (2.00.9399) and the latest version of the Wemo app 1.13.

Expert

@hko Hey there! Let's have this isolated further by our second level support team. Email us your complete contact details (name, phone, email), your WEMO community username, location, list of all your WEMO devices and firmware version, iOS version, and the link to this post at WEMOCares@belkin.com. 

Andy - 10823
WEMO Technical Support

Andy, perhaps you could give us an idea of when we might expect a fix for the wpa key issue, or advise us of how to downgrade to the previous version?
Community Manager

Hi redster,

Can you send me a private message with the WPA key you are trying to use and the info on your router and if applicable any access points in the network?  That way I can look into your issue for you.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

hko

@Andy_M I have already been contacted by what I think is second level support. I have provided all the details you mention in your posting to the support. We had a number of phone conversations about the failure and from the phone conversations I gathered that this is a firmware/sw failure and would be corrected by a new a release. This is why I was so frustrated when I got the new firmware release but the sw bug had not been corrected.

I would think that correcting this kind of bug should be rather straight forward.

Expert

@hko It would be a great help if you can send me a private message of the case number or your contact details so I can look into the case and know its status. 

Rules no longer work for me. It connects to wifi okay but none of rules are functioning any longer. How about putting all of us back to the previous version of the firmware so we can all at least use our devices?