WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
R7

Re: Newest firmware for wemo switch

Just bought my first WeMo device, a WeMo insight. Just recently joined community as well.

I've just set the insight switch up and it currently had firmware version "Wemo_WW_2_00_3007.PVT" it's asking to update to new firmware of "
R7

... Continued from above post sorry....

New forward version 3949/9399 PVT. Reading in here it seems there's quite a few problems. Should I hold off for now?

Thanks
Expert

@zcrow

We feel bad about what happened to your device. Here are the possible solutions that you may do:

• Try to delete and recreate the rules.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the WEMO app.
  • Restore to factory default settings.

Ann_18678
WEMO Technical Support

@R7 wrote:

New forward version 3949/9399 PVT. Reading in here it seems there's quite a few problems. Should I hold off for now?

Thanks

I'd update with that old of firmware... maybe because I updated off of a beta version but I updated nearly 100 Wemos's without any issues.

R7

@Bilim35CI7 wrote:

@R7 wrote:

Thanks

I'd update with that old of firmware... maybe because I updated off of a beta version but I updated nearly 100 Wemos's without any issues.

Ok thanks I have done then as you'll mention it's an old ffirmware it came with out of the box and so there may be security fixes in there. The update went ok, let's hope the actual unit works fine.

hko

@zcrow. I think you may have the same issue as me and some others too. The rules do work, but in my case three hours later than defined in the app (I am located in Finland which is +3 hours GMT). In your case the rule may have different kind of delay. You can test this by creating a rule and then check when in fact the unit is turned on. You could also try creating a rule which is taking into account the difference between your time zone and GMT 0 time zone to see if this is where the rules are thrown off.

If I want a rule to fire off at 04:00 hours Finnish time, I need to configure the rule to fire off at 01:00 currently.

hko

[ Edited ]

Finally it appears that the timing issue has got fixed by the 2.00.9896 firmware release which I got today. I created a test rule and now the switch went on when it should and not three hours later.

Edit

BTW: My wemo app is still 1.13.2. The app update has not yet arrived.