WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Night mode not working on Wemo dimmer switch

I installed the dimmer switch yesterday and I have updated the firmware for this switch today.  I have scheduled Night Mode to be active between the hours of 7:00 pm and 11:55 pm; however, the swtich does not activate the Night Mode.  I have reset the app and have restarted my iPhone X.  Everything else works except for Night Mode.

Re: Night mode not working on Wemo dimmer switch

Hello, kbjcnj. Do you have the latest WEMO App installed on your iPhone X? Have you tried creating the rule on a different compatible phone to check if the rule is still not working from there? Also, please try to delete the rule, uninstall/re-install the WEMO App, and recreate the rule again. Let us know if it works.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

My wemo Night mode never worked, I’ve purchased 2 dinners and none of them work.

I have an iPhone X , sunrise sunset rule works but not the night mode. I setup to have night mode after 12am till 4am and it doesn’t dim it to 1%.

By the way, what KBJCNJ mentioned is NOT a rule. It’s an option (Night mode) in the app. So creating a rule doesn’t do the job.

@Bmerdinian

May we know what time zone is your phone using? If it is set to automatic time zone, try changing it to the time zone of your specific location for isolation. Make sure that the Dimmer is up to date. If changing the time zone doesn't work, please try to reset and re-configure one of the WeMo Dimmers and see if the Night Mode works. Let us know how it goes.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks for the reply. Reset both and reconfigured both switches. Non of them works as a night mode.

I have a rule setup at sunrise and sunset. I even deleted that rule, still didn’t work. At this time I’m pretty sure it’s on Wemo’s servers’ end...

That night Mode is a game changer for me, if it work work, I will have to return them to Best Buy and look for an alternative. Thanks

@Bmerdinian Please make sure that the Dimmers are running on the latest firmware.

Also, we'd like to endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis. Just email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your complete name, location-city/state, phone number, community username and a link to this thread for our reference.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

Yes for sure I do have the latest firmware.

Email / Info sent

Thanks

Try changing the night mode value to 5% rather than 1%. Easy enough to test, just change the active times to include the current time. Does it work?

If not, set night mode to be active from 12:01 AM until 11:59 PM, restart (not reset) the dimmer, validate the night mode times stuck, and test again. Does that work?

Trust me , I’ve tried all that. I’m a beta tester for a lot of other products, example lift master and Nest.

If I haven’t exhausted my resources I wouldn’t post online. I’m pretty sure it’s an issue On the Wemo’s end. Maybe an app update ? There was an update lately and that may have had affected it ... it only worked once before the update. That’s was it and never again.