WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Orbi owners - "not available" issue fixed by firmware upgrade on router

[ Edited ]

I've been having issues where Homekit says my Wemo Minis are "Not Available".  This also happens with my Chamberlain MyQ Home Bridge and ecobee thermostat, but really only became an issue when I added my Wemo Minis to HomeKit via firmware update.

If anyone uses Netgear Orbi router, firmware v2.1.4.16 mentions "Fixes issues with the Apple HomeKit connectivity"

in the release notes.  I've had ZERO "Not Available" issues with any of my HomeKit devices since upgrading!

FYI to any Netgar Orbi owners with Homekit issues.

Re: Orbi owners - "not available" issue fixed by firmware upgrade on router

I’m having the same issue, I’ve had these wemo minis for a long time (over a year) without issue, it was only after upgrading the minis to the FW that supports HomeKit that I started having trouble.

The wemo stays good for about a day or so, then become unresponsive to HomeKit or the wemo app. Also the physical buttons becomes unresponsive.

Hi, Scottdog123. Have you had the Home Data enabled if you're using an iOS device? Make sure that you have the latest Wemo App version running which is the v1.20. Also, what's the current LED status on the Wemo Minis?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Jo-Ann,

I'm using iOS, and running the latest WeMo app (v1.20).

When the WeMo gets into this state, the LED is OFF, I think it is stuck in the last state it was in, but right now all 4 of my WeMos are stuck and the LEDs are OFF.

If I press the physical button, nothting happens, and they don't show up in iOS app.

thanks!

Have you tried to reset and reconfigure the Wemo Mini to isolate the issue? If that won't work, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our Escalation Engineers for further diagnosis along with your Phone Number, Username, Location, and Link to this Community thread for reference.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Hi, 

Yes, I did the:

Reset Options -> Erase All Content and Settings

and they still lock up.

I'll send the email to support as you suggested.

thank you.

[ Edited ]

Scottdog123,

Your issue sounds different; I only experienced "not available" in Homekit, but the physical button on wemo continued to work, as did the Wemo app.

For me, upgrading my router's firmware fixed the issue.