WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Power usage for Wemo Devices

Hello, 

I am trying to figure out how much power each Wemo Device uses itself just by being plugged in / wired in. No draw, just listening and on standby. 

I own: 2 light switches, 1 dimmer, 3 insights, 2 smartplugs, and a bridge. 

I've seen some folks say that the light switch uses between 1-2 Watts itself, but does anyone know if this applies to all Wemo devices?  

Customer service was less than helpful. After telling me that they aren't electricians, and do not have knowledge about electric, they placed me on hold. when he came back, he said that wemo devices do use power, but no one knows how much. I am hoping the forum can be more helful. 

WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Power usage for Wemo Devices

If I might suggest, instead of relying on (often incorrect esp from Belkin) net opinions, that you could measure it using an insight.

It's an electroinic device it uses a smidgin.

Why do you want to know?

As you're the only person who cares enough to ask the question then why not get your fluke out and measure it then post it to let everyone else know the answer.

Highlighted

@herbertk1 wrote:

Hello, 

I am trying to figure out how much power each Wemo Device uses itself just by being plugged in / wired in. No draw, just listening and on standby. 

I own: 2 light switches, 1 dimmer, 3 insights, 2 smartplugs, and a bridge. 

I've seen some folks say that the light switch uses between 1-2 Watts itself, but does anyone know if this applies to all Wemo devices?  

Customer service was less than helpful. After telling me that they aren't electricians, and do not have knowledge about electric, they placed me on hold. when he came back, he said that wemo devices do use power, but no one knows how much. I am hoping the forum can be more helful. 

Hey there. Yes, Wemo devices use less than 1.5 watts or use about a sixth of the power that a clock radio does.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support