WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Reset Wemo Dimmer Switch

@Alex1619 wrote:
I have to do this all the time these switches are a pain

How many Wemo switch are having the same issue? What's the exact model number, it usually starts with the letter "F"  so we can assist you accordingly. Also, make sure the firmware is updated.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

I am having the same issue on one of my dimmers. Suddenly stopped working. What crap? Its only 3-4 months old. You guys just robbed me of money. Sent you email also.

i have the same problem. need to power cycle the switch every month. very painful.

Hello naulivo,

Share with us more details about your concern so we can assist properly. What's the LED status of your Wemo Dimmer? Does it still respond to the physical buttons?

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

This product sucks. I’m having the same issues when I lose power to my Wi_Fi it’s such a pain in the ass to do this every time. Wish I’d never bought this piece of crap. I’m never recommending this

Hi, Guitarman. Do you mean to say that you reset the Wemo Dimmer every after the router loses power? When you say you reset the dimmer, do you restore it to factory defaults or do you just power cycle it? Please provide us more details so that we can help effectively.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

I too am having same problem. I turn off power for 3 minutes, the applied power. Dimmer is showing 1 LED. If I press and hold bar, I get a green led flash for about a second. No blue or red color. Need to know how to reset

Hi, txmmoore,

A green LED indicates that the Dimmer is executing a rule or timer. To reset the Dimmer, you may refer to this link. But, we do recommend that you perform the reset using the WeMo app where it will also be removed from the WeMo Remote Cloud Server.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

I’m having the same problem with my dimmer switch, I am unable to turn the lights on from both the switch and the app.... from what I’ve read so far the only real way to fix this issue is to flip the breaker? This is extremely annoying especially having to do this in the early morning hours. Very let down by such an expensive product, many other products that are more reliable at the same/cheaper price points.

@Jcosta1029,

What is the current firmware of the Wemo dimmer? Does it respond when you press the LED bar? Are there any other Wemo devices experiencing the same issue? 

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support