WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Reset Wemo Dimmer Switch

@Dennis_B wrote:

Hello, pejorative. To reset your Wemo Dimmer, press and hold the LED bar for six to nine seconds then release the button when the LED bar is illuminated blue. This article may be of help.

Let us know if it works.

I'm having a similar issue. I have 2 Dimmers and 7 Wemo light switches. 1 of the dimmers stop and I can't reset it or turn it off without exchanging the breaker. The dimmer is just a couple of months old. Anybody know how to make it function without fliping the breaker ? The light (white, blue, red light ) doesn't appear on the base except if on the off chance that I switch the breaker.

You can try resetting the Dimmer through the Wemo App, audymaccop. You may refer to this link as your guide. Please also make sure that you've updated its firmware.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

The tried resetting the dimmer but it still not responding.

@Kenmangal

Did you try the manual reset through its physical button and through the Wemo App? What error message are you getting?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I had thr same issue , check the channel on the 2.4 ghz network ur trying to connect to ! Dont use auto , mine worked back when i used channel 10 or 11 ! It was painfull hard lesson to learn .

I have multiple Wemo switches too and one “freezes” (I.e it has power and is off but won’t turn on). The first time, I tried reset but after holding for more than 60 seconds nothing happened. I did hold the “light switch button” and the wemo switch lights went from zero to full and back to zero. It was weird. I tried rest through app and nothing happened. I had to reset breaker also. Then worked fine. A month later, the light switch is “frozen” again. This time the bottom button is not even lit for me to reset.

@JDee,

What is the current firmware of the Wemo Dimmer? Please try to reset the Wemo Dimmer using the breaker and once it's working again, try to reset to factory default the dimmer using the physical button and observe it's behaviour again.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

I'm having the same issue. I have 5 wemo light switches , 5 wemo dimmers and two wemo smart plugs all connected and working well for at least 6 months up until last night when one of the dimmers became unresponsive. I'm running software version 1.22( 520005) per the app and it's all connected to Alexa. 

Alexa responds by putting the light " off" when asked yet the light remains on. Furthermore the app crashes each and every time I attempt to control that frozen switch from the app. The other switches don't crash the app.

i too spendt countless seconds, restarting, rebooting, and doing factory restores to no avail. I even restarted my modem which is very reliable and that didn't help either. 

Finally I reset the breaker and that worked. 

Seems like I'm always gong to have this issue from  what I've read on this thread.

Additionally, I have the " long press rule " activated on all the dimmers and I've recently enabled a routine where I wake up to the lights on at a certain percentage in the morning. Maybe I'm expecting too much from this hardware?

@Elcycad,

Let's endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers si that they can investigate the Wemo dimmer further. Please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread for reference.

• full name
  • username
  • phone number
  • state/country
  • Wemo dimmer current firmware
  • handheld OS version
Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support