WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Smart Dimmer not dimming down

I've read all the Dimmer won't dim posts and they are all using LED bulbs.  However, I am having problems with the old fashioned incandescent bulbs.  I can complete the setup just fine.  During the setup, the lowest dim setting does not light the bulbs, so I answer "no" I cannot see the bulbs lit and get the manual dimming option.  I can see the bulbs glow at the second step, so I complete the setup.

When setup is complete, I can set the dim level before I power on the switch to the lowest setting and power on which results in a dimmed bulb, and can step up to the highest level, but once I reach that point, I cannot dim back down.  I believe it is wired correctly, I have the neutral hooked up to the white wires, the ground and live wires are connected correctly as far as I can tell.  Any ideas?

Re: Smart Dimmer not dimming down

mickeyfinn

Do you have different dimming bulbs? If yes, try setting it up with the Dimmer and check if the issue persists. BTW, check out this link for Wemo Dimmer compatible bulbs.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

mickeyfinn wrote:

I've read all the Dimmer won't dim posts and they are all using LED bulbs.  However, I am having problems with the old fashioned incandescent bulbs.  I can complete the setup just fine.  During the setup, the lowest dim setting does not light the bulbs, so I answer "no" I cannot see the bulbs lit and get the manual dimming option.  I can see the bulbs glow at the second step, so I complete the setup.

When setup is complete, I can set the dim level before I power on the switch to the lowest setting and power on which results in a dimmed bulb, and can step up to the highest level, but once I reach that point, I cannot dim back down.  I believe it is wired correctly, I have the neutral hooked up to the white wires, the ground and live wires are connected correctly as far as I can tell.  Any ideas?

Your device is defective and should be returned.

I did find where the problem may lie.  The switch also has a ceiling fan connected to it.   When the fan is off, dimming works fine.  So I guess it is connected to how the ceiling fan is wired.  It would be great if there was a way to have it work correctly with the fan on also, but I am guessing it may not be possible.