Unable to perform initial setup.

Troubelshooting steps already performed:

- force quit all applictions & power cycled device
- turned off wifi assist
- put device into airplane mode and only connected to wifi
- deleted Wemo app & re-installed
- reset network settings on iPhone

When configuring the device:

Add a Wemo > Wemo Smark Plugs > It's Plugged In > It's Ready For Setup > Join device-created wifi network > Add to Home & Wifi pop-up > Home app launches, scan Setup Code > Searching for Accessory > Accessory not found

Lemme know what's next!
Highlighted

Re: Smart Plug Can’t Configure

@heychrischin

You really have done a thorough troubleshooting job. To sort this out further, what is the model number of the Wemo device that you're trying to integrate with Apple Homekit? Did you complete the setup process via Wemo App prior the integration? If yes, are you having issues in controlling the Wemo/s using our app? Also, what is the LED status of the unit so we can further isolate the setback?

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you for responding!

Model number: F7C063

I have not been able to set up the device using with the WeMo app or Apple’s Home app: it is still not connected.

The LED on the device is still flashing orange/amber: it is still in setup mode.

@heychrischin

We need to finish the setup via Wemo App so we can proceed on integrating the unit via Apple Homekit. Make sure also that your handheld device is running the latest iOS version. You can then follow the steps provided on this link to complete the integration process.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

But that is the very issue: I am unable to finish the setup process (as I’ve documented above), I’m getting the same response repeatedly.

@heychrischin

How far is the Mini from your router? Try to relocate the Mini closer to the router for observation and to ensure a successful setup. Do make sure that you're connected first to the 2.4 GHz network, then connect to the Mini's setup SSID, open the WEMO App, then follow-through as instructed. Once you've done that successfully, you'll need to update its firmware to 2.00.11143 so it can directly connect to the Apple HomeKit App.

If you're still having trouble, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Support Team check your case for further diagnosis. Do include your phone number, location, community username, and the link to this thread for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I just tried setting up the device again, no change. I was about 2’ away from the router.

This is a video of what I am repeatedly experiencing: https://imgur.com/a/lOjb8ou.

Thank you for your response, will email now.

I got the same problem. I cant connect the Woox Smart Plug with my Android phone. I missed the step to 'allow location'.
Once you got the screen: 'allow gps'. You have to allow the app in the settings of android. (settings > locations > apps > add Woox Home) and allow the specific app Woox Home.

Usefull information:

1. use Wifi channel 1,6 or 11
  2. use only 2,4 GHZ
  3. add app 'woox home' to allow location
  4. turn off Woox Home app on mobile phone
  5. turn off Woox Smart Plug (power off Smart Plug)
  6. connect to Wifi
  7. turn on GPS / Location
  8. turn on Woox Smart Plug (power on Smart Plug)
  9. open Woox Home app
  10. follow steps to install the Woox Smart Plug from instructions

Now it gonna work Smiley Happy