WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Smart Plug Mini won't connect to WiFi network

Agree entirely. My other WEMO devices/plugs work fine (3 different types). Will be returning all 4 of these ASAP. There seems to be an issue with these.

@randy wrote:

Agree entirely. My other WEMO devices/plugs work fine (3 different types). Will be returning all 4 of these ASAP. There seems to be an issue with these.

Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Username, Location, and Link to this Community thread for reference so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Same exact issue here.  New Wemo Smart plug mini will not connect and I’ve done all the steps mentions in all these threads.  I have other devices I’ve had for several years that work flawlessly.  This is very disappointing.  I guess I will be returning it.  

Hello MsKaren2,

If you have tried the steps or workaround mentioned, you may send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com and provide the necessary details. We'll have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support

Having the same problem here.

Sorry. Forgot to type in more info. Won't connect to 2.4 GHz network. I've tried all three recommended channels. I've reset the router itself. The plug is on the same room as the router, and about 6 feet away. It never discovers the WiFi network and it says it is unable to connect when I manually input the SSID, security key type, and security key. These things work when they get connected but the initial setup is the most maddening part.

[ Edited ]

Same here. When the App asks me to Select my Wi-Fi i see a network named Berner. But the network name is "Berner Home" (Berner[sp]Home).  The other network is Named Berner Home 5G. Entering the password for either of the dual bands fails.  

Deleted the 5G network to no affect. 

Not going to rename the existing network since that means reprogramming every other device.

Hello kayakor, What's the LED status of the Wemo Mini Plug as of the moment? Have you tried resetting your Wemo Mini Plug? If you haven't, please do that and setup the device from the start. Make sure that your Handheld device and the Wemo Mini Plug are connected on the same 2.4 GHz network. Also, during setup, make sure that the Wemo Mini Plug gets ample signal from your router.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support
gvz

I read through these posts and I have to admit there are things mentioned I don't know how to do.  I have two smart plug devices and both had been working.  One of them stopped, i tried several times to restart it and I finally removed it from the app on my phone.   I have been trying to reinstall it without success.   I have rebooted my router many times, uninstalled and reinsalled the Wemo app, and did the factory reset on the plug a few imes.  This is what is currently happening,

1. My smart plug starts out with the white light and tthen swiches to alternating white and orange

2.  I have my phone in airplane mode.

3.  I find the Wemo.Mini.5CS wifi network on my phone and select it

4.  I go to the Wemo app

5.  I enter a name for my device with "remember my wi-fi setings" turned off

6.  I then have to enter my email address

7.  I have left the contact me question both checked and unchecked

8.  it says it connects to my device and then I have to select my home wi-fi network and enter the password for it

9.  It says it is connected to my device and says it is attempting to connect to my network

10.  After a few seconds a window opens and says the Wemo app is unable to connect to my home network.  Please try reentering your password.  I do this.  It then says it is conneced to my network and that it is discovering my Wemo devices.   It will work at this for several minutes.

11.  Then I get a message that says "we've lost connection with the Wemo device.  Please quit this app, reconnect to the Wemo network and reopen this app."     I have done this dozens of times.

My dewice is plugged in 2 feet from my router, i am using an iphone 6S,  my Wemo firmware version is 1.21.  The lights on the device continue to alternate white and orange through the whole process, 

I see mention of only using a portion of the router.  I don't know how to do this,   I did check to see if my router firmware is up to date and it was.

Please share any adice but keep in mind I am not really up to speed on routers and stuff

Hi gvz. You seem to have tried most of the recommended workarounds and troubleshootings steps. Allow us to have our Product Experts assist you further with the advance troubleshooting steps to help you get rid of this challenge. Shoot us an email at WEMOcares@belkin.com along with these information:

- Fullname

- Email Address

- Phone Number

- Location/State

- Community Username and a link to this post

Other information needed:

- Wemo App Version

- Firmware Version of the device/s in question

- OS of the handheld device/s you are using 

We look forward on receiving your email.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support