04-29-2018 10:23 AM
Agree entirely. My other WEMO devices/plugs work fine (3 different types). Will be returning all 4 of these ASAP. There seems to be an issue with these.
Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Username, Location, and Link to this Community thread for reference so we can have this taken care of by our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance.
05-31-2018 03:21 PM
Same exact issue here. New Wemo Smart plug mini will not connect and I’ve done all the steps mentions in all these threads. I have other devices I’ve had for several years that work flawlessly. This is very disappointing. I guess I will be returning it.
05-31-2018 04:57 PM
If you have tried the steps or workaround mentioned, you may send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com and provide the necessary details. We'll have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further.
06-16-2018 08:11 AM
10-23-2018 04:38 PM - edited 10-23-2018 04:44 PM
Same here. When the App asks me to Select my Wi-Fi i see a network named Berner. But the network name is "Berner Home" (Berner[sp]Home). The other network is Named Berner Home 5G. Entering the password for either of the dual bands fails.
Deleted the 5G network to no affect.
Not going to rename the existing network since that means reprogramming every other device.
10-23-2018 05:52 PM
Hello kayakor, What's the LED status of the Wemo Mini Plug as of the moment? Have you tried resetting your Wemo Mini Plug? If you haven't, please do that and setup the device from the start. Make sure that your Handheld device and the Wemo Mini Plug are connected on the same 2.4 GHz network. Also, during setup, make sure that the Wemo Mini Plug gets ample signal from your router.
11-01-2018 04:55 PM
I read through these posts and I have to admit there are things mentioned I don't know how to do. I have two smart plug devices and both had been working. One of them stopped, i tried several times to restart it and I finally removed it from the app on my phone. I have been trying to reinstall it without success. I have rebooted my router many times, uninstalled and reinsalled the Wemo app, and did the factory reset on the plug a few imes. This is what is currently happening,
1. My smart plug starts out with the white light and tthen swiches to alternating white and orange
2. I have my phone in airplane mode.
3. I find the Wemo.Mini.5CS wifi network on my phone and select it
4. I go to the Wemo app
5. I enter a name for my device with "remember my wi-fi setings" turned off
6. I then have to enter my email address
7. I have left the contact me question both checked and unchecked
8. it says it connects to my device and then I have to select my home wi-fi network and enter the password for it
9. It says it is connected to my device and says it is attempting to connect to my network
10. After a few seconds a window opens and says the Wemo app is unable to connect to my home network. Please try reentering your password. I do this. It then says it is conneced to my network and that it is discovering my Wemo devices. It will work at this for several minutes.
11. Then I get a message that says "we've lost connection with the Wemo device. Please quit this app, reconnect to the Wemo network and reopen this app." I have done this dozens of times.
My dewice is plugged in 2 feet from my router, i am using an iphone 6S, my Wemo firmware version is 1.21. The lights on the device continue to alternate white and orange through the whole process,
I see mention of only using a portion of the router. I don't know how to do this, I did check to see if my router firmware is up to date and it was.
Please share any adice but keep in mind I am not really up to speed on routers and stuff
11-01-2018 05:16 PM
Hi gvz. You seem to have tried most of the recommended workarounds and troubleshootings steps. Allow us to have our Product Experts assist you further with the advance troubleshooting steps to help you get rid of this challenge. Shoot us an email at WEMOcares@belkin.com along with these information:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Community Username and a link to this post
Other information needed:
- Wemo App Version
- Firmware Version of the device/s in question
- OS of the handheld device/s you are using
We look forward on receiving your email.