WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Smartthings and Wemo

Has anyone tried using the Smarthing hub (& app) with their wemos? Their website states all but the Insight is currently supported on the Smarthings hub. Curious if anyone has this setup and how well the app works. My guess that if all was well you wouldnt be wasting your time on this forum Smiley Happy

http://www.smartthings.com/?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=criteo_rt_new

Re: Smartthings and Wemo

[ Edited ]

I might try leveraging some of their products since they support Zigbee.

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/200901150-What-Protocols-Does-it-Support-

I just deployed a Scout Alarm and they are moving ahead with 3rd party Zigbee and IFTTT support.

Friend of mine has Smarthings at his home and he says it works however with some glitches. I am thinking about dropping all Belkin Wemo devices and switching to Smarthings system. Mostly because they have more peripherial devices like temperature, humidity, vibration, position sensors. Also they have devices to built your own alarm system like battery operated windows and door switches, horn siren. Also, the entire system runs on ZigBee/Z-Wave, only Hub works on LAN which saves lots of hassle on WiFi IP routing problems which people are reporting. Finally system can be programmed by the user using publish Java-like script which makes this versatile and virtually limitless. 

well, if you take that route I don't think you have to drop the wemo devices. I understand they will work in the Smartthing environment.

Indeed, Smartthings support: WeMo Switch, WeMo Motion, and WeMo Light Switch. they supposedly work to add Insight Switch support but I also have WemoLink for bulbs and Wemo Maker. 

I could live withouht Link and have it replaced with expensive ST dimmer. Inside switches are really cool at the start when I estimate power consumption of some of my equipment when in Standby or Active mode, later they are as good as regular switch - I could have these replaced with Switch to be supported by ST as well. 

Finally ST gives me sesnors, somethng I miss with WEMO: temperature, humidity, on/off (door/window) as well as I could finally get rid of my ADT alarm system which cost me $40 bucks a month. 

Mating Wemo with ST might be good idea to look for. Kudo!

I have link as well. Not sure what to do with it if I install Smartthings but the bulb (at least the GE LED) should work with the smartthing hub. If that is true then the link will end up in the trash. Smiley Happy

I have 2 Sylvania Wemo bulbs (flood shape). I wonder if this is supported by Smartthings, is it?

Smarthting does support

SYLVANIA 11-Watt (65W Equivalent) BR30 Medium Base Soft White Dimmable Indoor LED Flood Light Bulb.

Here is a "**complete" list http://www.smartthings.com/product/works-with-smartthings/

**Complete=being outdated. It doesnt show it supports the GE Link bulb but reading the forums I see many using such bulb with this hub

Great! I can use these then and get rid of Wemo Link. Btw, I found Sylvania bulbs to be more responsive comparing to Wemo bulbs, they turn on/off and sync faster than Belkin bulbs. I use these in my ceiling with recessed fixtures.  

I and Mabel to control all of my Wemo devices: light switches and insight switch. I am able to control my Wemo devices via the smartThings hub and associated app. What I'm trying to do, albeit unsuccessfully, is to use the proximity sensor of my iPhone to turn my outside lights on when I get home. any help would be appreciated