WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Smartthings and Wemo

[ Edited ]

You need to use phase "Hello home"  (i.e. setup a phase "I'm back" ) that, when your iPhone is arrives back home, triggers this phase which  turns on the lighs. Alternatively, and probably easier, use the ST SmartApp "Big Switch for Hello Home Phases".  Install and follow the setup instructions. Bear in mind. iPhone proximity is not the greatest. Don't use it for something like "Unlock the door when I arrive home". Youj mind find you door unlocks in the middle of the night as your phone proximity (false) reports you have left home then suddenly returns trigger the "I'm back" phase. 

Have a reverse question please, Can you support smart things sensor with wemo hub?

Trysmartthings wrote:
Have a reverse question please, Can you support smart things sensor with wemo hub?

I assume you are talking about the Link used for bulbs.  If so, then no... I've never heard of anyone linking anything but bulbs to that unit.  Most Wemo's don't require a hub and are Wifi based.

Their switches and plugs work with SmartThings unofficially BUT not the dimmer.

Has anyone tried Wink 2 and WeMo?

I have wemo switches dimmers and plugs. The switches and plugs work with ST but not the dimmers so I have rules for the dimmers using the wemo app and everything else is controlled using the ST hub. They integrate pretty nicely with ST

@Daddyyu

You can get the dimmers working (I got all 3 of mine working) with SmartThings:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/wemo-dimmer-switch/94291

I think you have to be using the Classic app though in order for above to work.