WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Solid Amber/Orange light after reset

I’ve been having issue with with 1 out of the 4 Wemo Mini I have. This one started disconnecting more frequently and can’t maintain a connection. Yesterday, I tried a manual reset and the light remained a solid amber/orange. I have followed the steps for the manual reset a couple of times, holding the power button longer and longer everytime I plugged it it. To no avail. I have restarted my WiFi router. Tried different wall outlets. Wondering if someone could provide me any guidance. Thanks.

Re: Solid Amber/Orange light after reset

I’m having a similar problem with three older units. They work them they don’t work. I tried a reset and get a orange flashing light.

I’m having a similar problem with three older units. They work them they don’t work. I tried a reset and get a orange flashing light.

Hi @Manshms. Flashing orange means your wemo device has network credentials stored in it but it's unable to connect to your Wi-Fi. You may try to reboot the device. Also, please make sure that the firmware of the device is up to date and try to relocate the wemo device near the router. Let's see if it'll make any difference.
If the issue still persist, you may send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have this taken care of by our product experts for further diagnoses along with the following details:

-Phone Number

-User Name

-Link to this community thread

Fritz-21902
Wemo Technical Support

Hi, Thinguyen90. Please email us too following the advice of above so we can have our Escalation Engineers look into this further.

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

@Fritz_R wrote:

Hi @Manshms. Flashing orange means your wemo device has network credentials stored in it but it's unable to connect to your Wi-Fi. You may try to reboot the device. Also, please make sure that the firmware of the device is up to date and try to relocate the wemo device near the router. Let's see if it'll make any difference.

So...  is belkin committing to providing a way to upgrade the firmware when the device can't connect to the wifi/internet???  Like how TP Link does with their PC app to update the firmware?

I'm having the same trouble with one of my units (MSS310).  It just goes SOLID AMBER / ORANGE.  It does NOT flash it just stays SOLID.  I cannot reset it.  I've tried everything I can think of...30.30.30 - no go.  It just stays SOLID.  I CANNOT update the firmware because I cannot connect to it.

Any further suggestions before I throw all my Meross products out the door?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Swanson

Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

I'm not sure you'll get any help from belkin support for meross devices Smiley Happy.

The trouble with meross and the rest of those type of devices is they're IoT/cloud only, so your home automation goes through and is monitored by servers managed in a country with weak privacy laws and known to employ hackers to attack foreign nations...  The data on those servers will contain your IP and quite likely your SSID, password, and geographic location, let alone that the devices could serve as a bridge into your network.

I've bought some china sourced devices myself because the price is so good but I knew they could be reflashed to work with AutomationManager directly and blocked from reaching the internet.  The Meross devices based on the 8266 and 8265 can be reflashed pretty easily if you have even the the most basic soldering skills:  https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/esp2866/wifi-light-switches, and they can then be used with AM or similar applications.

But I sure wouldn't run them unmodified, if you aren't able to do this throwing them out the door and changing your SSID/password is probably the safest idea.

LOL, I didn't even realize I was on the Belkin site.  Sorry.

Jeff