WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-04-2018

Static shock fried my Wemo light switch

Seems I just fried my wemo light switch with a static shock from my finger. I had just taken something to the office in my basement, and upon walking over to the stairs to switch the light off I apparently built up enough charge to permanently damage my Wemo. There was an audible pop and a burnt smell. The switch is completely dead now. I was surprised to have this happen. Has anyone else ever had this happen?
Posts: 149
Registered: ‎08-08-2017

Re: Static shock fried my Wemo light switch

Hi, DW. Are there any connected devices affected? Please send us your reply by sending us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details for further assistance:


- Phone Number
- Complete Address
- Community Username
- Link to this post for reference

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support