WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Two Switches suck "downloading" firmware

Hi,

Have a total of 9 light switches. 7 are working perfectly, but 2 are stuck "downloading" firmware. Their status lights are blinking "green". I have tried uninstalling the wemo app, factory reset on switches as well as cycling power from the circuit breaker. Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

Dave

Re: Two Switches suck "downloading" firmware

Hello, davidc18. How far are the two Light Switches from your main router? Is it too far? Did you perform the update simultaneously or one at a time? We suggest that you check the wireless signal from where the two light switches were installed to check if they have a good wireless signal from your router. It could be that there's wireless interference while doing the firmware that's why it stopped. 

Update this thread with more details so we can get this sorted out.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Hi,

Entire house is covered by two Unifi UAP-AC-Pro access points. Both of the stuck switches are within 30 feet of the second floor access point, each of the stuck switches is installed next to another wemo switch that is working (one for the room fan and the other for the light in the fan).

There is no overlap or interferance on the broadcast channel. A wireless scan also shows no overlap or channel interference with any of my neighbors wireless signals.

I once again tried removing power from the switches, performing a factor reset on the switches and uninstalling the app from my phone. I am happy to trying any other suggestions and or performing the same actions in a specific sequence if that will get the units working.

Thanks for the assist.

Dave

Resolved.

The problem was solved after watching the official belkin video on how to factory reset the switch.

1. press power reset

2. immediately press and hold wifi reset for 5 seconds.

3. wait 90 seconds for wemo wifi to appear 

4. open wemo app and set up switch.

problem resolved.

Well done, Dave

It's good to see a resolution to your problem, and thanks for letting the forum know. The factory reset you describe is the standard procedure though so just out of curiosity, were you using a different procedure before when it didn't work for you?

I ask as many people say that a factory reset doesn't do the trick in resolving issues. Maybe they are doing an incorrect procedure as well.

Regards

Pete

Highlighted

Your post made me realize I was not resetting the switch correctly either. My firmware problem is now fixed as well. 

Thanks, Lisa

I was previoulsly  not resetting the swtich, just rebooting

We are in the same boat.  We have 5 switches, 1 Maker and 2 wall switches and EVERYTIME there is a firmware update, I have to go through the install process for just about every device.  This last time it took me almost 3 hours to get everything back on line except for the Maker which I can't get to work even with a resetWe have great WIFI coverage throughout the house so I know it is not that. 

I am at the point where I do not want to make any updates but I do recognize the security risks of this.  How come the firmware knocks everything off?