WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Unable to set up.... "Camera's server is not available at this time"

Sounds to me like it's time to just bite the bullet and switch to a different product.

Belkin couldn't care less if their product actually WORKS.  You've bought and paid for it,  that's all they are interested in.

This is proved out by their HORRID 'support' group. 

I have the same message, how many tests and different setups I have tried it keeps salying: "Camera's server is not available at the time". I assume the "server outage" has been rueld out by now, right?

No documentation on this error anywhere beyond this thread! Any luck on fixing it anyone?

When did you try setting it up? Possible that the server could be in maintenance. Give it about 24 hours, they try setting up again.

It's been several days and it surely has nothing to do with server maintenance, I did try to set it up connecting to an unsecured open network (xfinitiwifi) just to test, and it moved forward to the account creation but won't advance forward futher than that.

I've been trying several configurations of security on the router but it's all the same.

I got it to work, by assigning a dedicated IP to the Mac address which was different for some reason to the one on the back of the cam, by the last digit ie :14 instead of :15 printed on the back of the cam (?), then I put a DMZ on that IP on the router config, and everything worked. It's up and running now.

I have had my netcam for almost 6 months and have spoke to the customer service / support department so many times they should know me personally. They have not been able to assist me and for that matter give me the run around or some kind of ridiculous answer just to put me off. As consumers of their products we should be happy with our purchase. If Belkin wants to continue making money they need to be familiar with their products. If they can't assist us with our products they need to go out of business. Maybe a few law suits for selling faulty (crappy / cheap) equipment will put a fire under their asses to step up. If they are going to sell faulty /cheap equipment they need to provide appropriate customer service. I have quite honestly become disgusted trying to set up something that my eight year old daughter should be able to do, which by the way is why I purchased the **bleep** thing for in the first place.

After days of trying to connect my Netgear Belkin WIFI camera to my Netgear router, found out that your router cannot be in all caps. You need to go into your router settings and rename it to something else that is not all CAPS. Then it worked fine. Just wanted to alert the community because I know from all the reading of threads out there that people are having a difficult time setting this up. 

I have same problem, camera on app site becomes unavailable, try later. This is very frustrating and totally unreliable product. I have several wemo switches for years and have had no problems but the camera has a mind of its own.
Highlighted

@Genejperih 

Hi! Everything’s good here in our end and no reported outage of the NetCam app at the moment. What is the model number of the NetCam unit that you have? Is this true to all of your handheld devices when accessing the app? What's the error message if you do so? 

For isolation, you may try to force close the app, delete cache/cookies, or uninstall-reinstall the app on the handheld device/s and see how it goes. If the LED of the unit shows solid green, it means that it is connected to the server. While on the other hand, flashing orange signifies that it is not connected to any network. 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Му NetCam F7D7601v1 became unavailable via internet. I tried to reconfigure the camera using iOS application and got: "Camera's server is not available at this time".

I captured packets sent by the camera and analyzed them using Wireshark.

I saw that the camera trying to ping netcam-mobileserver-eu.belkin.com without success.

netcam-mobileserver-eu.belkin.com is CNAME for server-eu.seedonk.com

server-eu.seedonk.com has IP 54.246.144.191

I tried to ping 54.246.144.191 manually. Request timed out.

Is it server outage now?