WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to set up.... "Camera's server is not available at this time"

Fresh out of the box. I have 2  belkin netcams.  customer service was not helpful running me through the same setup instructions like I ride the shortbus...  I get stuck on connecting them to my wi-fi router (I have a comcast provided wi-fi/modem unit)  it cranks for a few minutes and comes back saying "Camera's server is not available at this time"  please help.  how else can I make them work.  both units are the same way.  ugh.  

WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Unable to set up.... "Camera's server is not available at this time"

It might be a real message, Belkin (or is it seedonk?) are crappy at announcing server outages, and the product sucks because the server must be active for you to see your own camera.  Every once in a while the app will say this and then come back later.  You might try again in 12, or 24, or 48 hours, who knows?  You might be able to tell that I'm an unhappy owner of this product too...

It could also be the internet is not available to your phone or camera.

it has been 24 hours and trying again....  starting to wonder about this product....

Based on the error that you’re getting, it’s something that can’t be fixed by usual troubleshooting steps since it might be related to server issues. Give it another 24 to 48 hours. If you’re getting the same message, it’s best to contact Belkin and confirm if there’s an ongoing maintenance perhaps.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Why don't you know whether and when the Seedonk site is down Ching?  Does belkin keep it secret even from the support team?  That's really sad.  There should be a site with announcements indicating the site status (though it may be embarassing, that site seems to go down quite regularly).

In any case, it was down last night and this morning, and has come back online this evening.  The really frustrating thing is the camera crashes when it can't contact seedonk even when I'm using nothing but the authentication services (and even that is involuntary).  So it's not even reliable as a motion detector.

3 days of trying same error.  I need some help.  does my comcast provided wi-fi router have anything to do with it?  what settings to things need to be set at.  india based phone and chat support was super unhelpful.  

Hi rovobay,

Any luck on this?  I'm on day 1 of the same ordeal and hoping to get this resolved soon.  I'm having the same issues as you (and also with Comcast provided wi-fi/router).

Cheers!

@chaseroo

Perhaps there's an ongoing maintenance. I'd rather you call Belkin and confirm this so they can provide you necessary info you needed to know. 

WEMO Maker Inventor

@Pinkyzeny, you folks in Belkin support really need to get yourselves organized so that you have a place to check for planned and unplanned service maintance and outages.  It's part of running a professional service.  If you don't have a camera where you can try this yourself to confirm perhaps you should check with one of your teammates before you respond.  Purplechix has one as she stated in another post.

My camera and the logon through seedonk appear to be working fine at this time.  You may indeed wish to call Belkin to get them to help set it up.

Here is what I have found thru process of elimination.  First, I found YOU CANNOT connect the Belkin NetCam HD to a wireless network with an SSID in all CAPS (EX:  SSID:  BOB ....won't work BUT SSID:  bob ....will work!).  Second, I also found thru process of elimination that the Belkin NetCam HD WILL NOT connect to a Netgear WN802Tv2 access point.  Bizarre!  I can get the Belkin NetCam HD to work with Meraki access points and TrendNet but again, the Netgear WN802Tv2 (and possibly other Netgear APs or wireless routers) won't work so if you have a Netgear product and are having issues, please update this forum with your product.  Until Belkin knows which devices won't work (or for that matter about the ridiculous ALL CAPS SSID issue), we are all beating our heads against the table!