WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

Updated... Laser Tripwire video

[ Edited ]

Video Demo  <----click link

Ok, so I was able to steal away a few minutes in the barn today. The weather here stinks so I don't have a water sprinkler setup yet, but I do have a proof of concept. Also, thanks to my friend John, we were able to introduce a laser trip wire for the sensor side.

Summary of setup: The idea here is to stop the chickens from flying out of their fenced yard. They love to come visit the front porch where we feed the cats because apparently cat food is the bomb. I love the birds, really, but(t) they end up leaving behind disgusting fly birthing piles. Anyway, the photocell, laser beam (insert picture of Dr. Evil here) would be placed in the escape flight path. Once broken the Maker will trigger on the solenoid for a one minute count, then reset. The solenoid will turn on the flow of water to a spinkler pointed in the direction of the offending fowl.

The wemo rule is set up to turn on the relay for one minute when sensor is NOT triggered.

We also have a motion sensor varient that uses a wireless driveway alarm. The weather proof motion sensor triggers the base unit which flashes three LED's. We tapped one of the LED's leads on the base unit and connected to the sensor on the Maker.

I think that covers it.

overview.jpg

maker closeup.JPG

photocell.jpg

powersupply.jpg

solenoid valve.JPG

-G
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Anti Fowl Fecal Matter... proof of concept.

Great project tterag,

I would absolutely love to see this in action (Flying Angry Birds comes to mind). When do you think you might have it up and running?

Also, would you be able to inform us where you sourced the components from? 

Thanks,

Lasergun

WEMO Maker Inventor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Laser,

We've been waiting out the rain here in Michigan. I'm hoping to have it working this weekend. Catching a chicken in action on video is a whole different bird. Smiley Happy

Solenoid came from Amazon.com link to page

Photocells from Radio Shack

Power supply scavanged from junk box

Laser pointer stolen from my son 

Just need to procure some hose or adapters to connect water hose to solenoid and it's a go.

-G
Community Manager

Very cool! Thanks for sharing, keep inventing and kudos! Smiley Happy

Community Manager | PC Gamer | Mountain Biker
Highlighted

Well you're going to have to setup another wemo maker connected to another tripwire to trigger a camera to record for 15 secords or so to capture that for us Smiley Tongue

Re: Updated... Laser Tripwire video

Great

Re: Updated... Laser Tripwire video

Yes