WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO Bridge - No Response issue

I too and facing this 

but im a little different 

i have a ipad as my home kit hub 

i can only add the wemo bridge if i use my ipad no iphones will even pick up the device 

the ipad will find the wemo bridge and add it fine it will even find all my wemo devices and add them too 

but when i go to use them they are all no responsive 

I have all wemo switchs and the wemo app works fine 

i removed the static ip of one of my devices in hopes of that being the issues will report back tom.

no hulu app on my ipad 

And without the Hulu app, things have worked better than ever before. In fact, I no longer wait 1-3 minutes before I know the status of my smart technology. I can trigger events and applications a lot more easily. In fact, my issues with seeing the smart technology has gone away for Wemo and my iHome switches. Crazy.

And, please, let me add that I also reset my AppleTV’s after removing Hulu. It was a bit of work but worth it.

Hi, drichard. We encourage you to shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com, so we can have our escalation engineers look into this. Send us your contact details along with a link on thread. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

email sent 

Hey, Wemo Technical!

The firmware just released broke HomeKit. I spent 4 hours removing and setting up HomeKit to work wonderfully, but this update to all 3 of my switches/Dimmer has ruin the Wemo bridge.

I’m so frustrated!! Please fix this ASAP!!!

@riversen

Let's sort this one out. Are you referring to the firmware update of the Wemo Bridge, or the Wemo app? If it's for the Bridge, we highly suggest to perform a hard reset after the update and reconfigure your setup once again. BTW, is the Bridge responsive to the Wemo App? If so, you may try to use another handheld device for setting the Homekit.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

If you’re the same guy in the other thread... here’s my issue... I have no idea if the Wemo bridge has a firmware update... it’s a hidden secret box that magically makes my Wemo hardware work in HomeKit when working. When it’s not, I have very little trouble shooting that I can do. This is shy I did hard resets after finding how to do so with multiple google searches for my Wemo Bridge, 2 wall switches, 1 dimmer wall switch, and Wemo app. After resetting the hardware, uninstalling the software, restarting my Apple hardware (iPhone and AppleTV), and deleting and creating a whole new home in HomeKit, it worked sort of.

It has the hardest time finding my router and 2.4 GHz WiFi. Having to do a reset over and over till it can finally log into my router is frustrating.

I can only imagine the guy who is not very technically proficient and will just give up. Not a great experience to get or retain customers.
Highlighted

@riversen

Got all that noted. We'd like our Escalation Engineers look into this case. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details, community username, and the link to this community thread for reference and we can have them assist you further. We'll be looking forward to it.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I’m having similar issues with my wemo devices being unresponsive. But I’ve got HomePod setup now for HomeKit so it can’t be ATV issues causing this.