WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO Bridge - No Response issue

I also cannot my wemo bridge to be responsive in Apple home app...also none of my 3 homeplugs were shown

I don’t have App,e Tv or Hulu app just use an Ipad as Home hub

tried to reset the instalation several times and always the same result:after a while after  install the wemo bridge shows as not responding

[ Edited ]

Hi, All.

To those who are still getting the error "No Response" or "Not Detected", this article will help you resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, email us as advised by the Team.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

I am not sure how the directions you posted for removing an accessory is useful.  I have 41 Wemo devices in my house.  They all appear as NO RESPONSE on the Home App.  Ironically the Bridge looks fine.  I can control them okay with the Wemo app.  Why is that?  The bridge worked initially, then this happened.  

Expert

Hello, Gc1976.

Have you tried to follow the steps on this link? If setback recurs, please shoot us an email through Wemocares@belkin.com.

Coleen_ 21984
Wemo Technical Support

I am also seeing unreliable issues and have to power cycle the bridge to fix it. I even put the bridge in a wemo plug so I could use the wemo app to recycle the bridge. It works for an hour or so and then becomes unreliable. It sometimes works for a while. I also have ihome switches and plugs and I am finding them more reliable then wemo.

Did any of you try setting up a guest network with intranet (your home network) access using a password no special characters, all lower case, and numbers and letters (alphanumeric) only? Then connect only one device at a time if they are new and need updates, and finally be sure to go through a restart of your device and disconnect and reconnect the Wemo Bridge and home router (a full power off and then on again)?

Also, close and restart your iPhone and the Wemo app, clicking forget your home WiFi network for your home network on your iPhone (it should be entered manually and don’t let your iPhone remember it because I believe looks at it and gets confused even if you say to manually enter it.

These worked for, as I have had all of those issues and spent at least 6-10 hours on the phone and in emails with Wemo support. Also, you can see what the bridge is connected to by logging into it using the IP address your router’s DHCP server assigned and the HomeKit key/number it was assigned to log onto the network.

Just as an FYI, the part about forgetting your network/WiFi settings is when connecting a new device or changing the password to an alphanumeric password. I suggest doing this whether your old password worked, especially if your device keeping disconnecting or appear unavailable over and over.
Highlighted

I also deleted my WEMO app and re-installed.  Apple Homekit became more stable.

My Wemo devices returned to functioning if I closed the Hulu app, and reset the Bridge