WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO Bridge

When will it work with bulbs? You promised to continue supporting that product.
Highlighted

Last I checked, Canada is within NA yet haven’t seen any evidence that it’s been released here. I’ve had no motivation to drive across the border 30 minutes away, so went with the readily available Google Home which is a great multipurpose solution.

“...its power requirements...”?

... wait, it uses a usb wire to be powered via transfor ensuring 5V and 1 amp of power... wouldn’t any usb Wall plug work? I mean, I don’t think electricity in Britain works differently when converted from DC to AC. LOL.

And from the Belkin website;

Power - Micro-USB Port: 5V/1A DC
Power - PSU: 100-240V AC

Universal PSU so only an adapter required.

Just recieved my WEMO Bridge here in the UK.

I ordered it from Amazon.com and suprisingly the costs to ship were relativly low.

Easy set up this morning, switch the American USB adapter plug for a iPhone charging USB adapter plug and it works just fine, set up took less than 3 minutes.

I did have to wait for stock to become availible on Amazon so did a pre-order to ensure I got it as soon as it became availible.

WEMO Bridge UK is here (kind of) 

Outstanding and I’m glad it worked. I find they are much more stable now the are nearing more stable firmware versions and if one understands the home network password limitations of avoiding special characters. LOL.

I have the homekit bridge.  It is not a gatway to bulbs you will still need that.  It just allows you to brige your wemo devices to the homekit app.  You can then use both homekit and all the standard old methods.  Obviously if you setup a sechedule to do something like turn on and off a light at a given time and you also do something like that with the same device in homekit you will have issues.  

But overall it works OK it is not flawless... sometimes homekit will not see a device and wemo app will and visa versa... But wemo was never 100% reliable ... but generally it all works well.

The one intresting part of it is that the gateway has a website on it if you go to the ip address for the gateway on your internal network. It gives you a pop up for a username and password... This is 100% undocucmented so I have no idea what it is for or what username and password it is looking for.  Anyone know more about this?

Actually, not true... check out this support article. Username/Password are ‘admin’ and HomeKit code of Wemo Bridge.

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=287111

Some word in a UK release would be great, I was really into Wemo in the beginning, but heck, it’s been a rocky road and one that’s probably tested my patience more than any ‘tech’ in the past few years.. the bridge might well be the thing to keep what bit of my faith remains

Another month has gone by, and still no word about UK availability. Come on Belkin, it can’t be that difficult.
Waiting impatiently.