WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Dimmer - Stuck on 'ON' or 'OFF'

Installed my WEMO Dimmer and a few other switches.  Everything works well.  

But for some reason, the WEMO dimmer will either get stuck on the "ON" position or "OFF" position where I am unable to switch unless I reset from the breaker.

It happens once every 1 week or 2 weeks.

Anyone else exprience the issue?

Re: WEMO Dimmer - Stuck on 'ON' or 'OFF'

@rich6429

This seems odd. Did you start experiencing the setback right after the installation? Do you have any other switches that has the same setback? If so, let's get this case over to our 2nd Level Support team to run further diagnosis. Shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com with the contact info below, and have them contact you. 

Full Name
Phone Number
Location - City/State
Community Username
Link to this Community thread

Device/s Serial number

We'll be looking forward to your email.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

It happens every once in a while I have multiple dimmers and it's not always the same one dimmer
The first time it happened I called customer service months ago and they said the unit must be deffective they replaced it then it starting happening to all of them Including the new one they sent
Please let me know if they have a solution

Same thing happens to me every month. I called once and they just told me to hold the button down and reset it, which of course does not work. If I remember right the tech just said they will pass the problem on to engineering and there was nothing else they could do. It only happens to one of my dimmers.

R6killerbee, how long have you been experiencing this issue? When you say the device is stuck on "On or Off" state? Is it not responding thru physical buttons? Can you still control the Wemo Dimmer thru the Wemo App? To isolate the concern, try controlling the Wemo Dimmer using a different Handheld device. Keep us on the loop and give us feedback.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

I can not turn it on or off via alexa, wemo app or by physically pressing the button. I can press and hold the reset button and it will do like a count down of the dimmer indicator lights 3 times and then just go back to doing nothing. It's started happening several months after I got it and has continued ever since. On average it happens once a month that I have to flip he breaker and then turn breaker back on so that dimmer will start working. It happened last week and again this morning. I woke up and can't turn on the lights in my bedroom, which is super annoying. Going down into the garage to flip the breaker on and off before I have have even gotten dressed.......

Here is a video I took this morning of it. https://youtu.be/EOF4P7au9DE

Please make sure the firmware is updated. Also, we'll have this taken care of by our Product Expert for further diagnosis. Kindly send us the following information:

• Phone Number 
  • Location (City/State)
  • Username
  • Link to this Community thread for reference
Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Where do I send all that information to?

@R6killerbee

Send them in at WemoCares@belkin.com. We'll wait for it.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support