WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Dimmer Unresponsive

I have a WEMO Dimmer switch installed in my Kitchen that I have had problems with on a few occasions (at least 5 times now).  The first time I did my best to research to problem and potential solutions.  The trouble I'm having is the Dimmer Switch locks up and is unresponsive.  The switch will get stuck in what ever state it was in at the time of the freeze (meaning if the light was on when it froze up, the light will be stuck on, if the light was off the light will be stuck off, if the dimmer was at 60% stuck at 60%...).  I've tried switching the light on/off manually at the switch, changing the dimmer manually at the switch, I've restarted my internet, did a force stop on the app on my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone, long pressed the reset button on the switch... none of this solves the problem.  When this switch is stuck in this status, the only solution I've found to resolve the problem is go to the electrical breaker panel and cycle to breaker off/on.

I have 6 other regualr WEMO wall switches in my house and haven't had this same problem with them (a rare issue of internet connection, but easy enough to solve and rare enough not to encourage me to rip it out and replace it with something else).  I'm really getting frustrated and growing tired of this problem.  I've began sending myself an email each time that this occurs so I could track when/how often this problem occurs and what the symptoms are at the time.  The last 2 have occured on 9/23/18 and 10/10/18.

Re: WEMO Dimmer Unresponsive

Hi MHill,

It looks like you've already performed the basic workarounds. At this point, we'd like to have our Escalation Engineers take a closer look at the issue with the Dimmer. Please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community post for reference.

• Full name
  • Username
  • Phone number
  • Wemo app and mobile OS version
Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

I have the same issue except any given day one of the my lights will freeze the best is when your putting your kid to sleep and the light wont turn off. I have 6 dimmers a reset a different breaker 3 times a week
When I first called it was one device and they sent me a replacement and that one gets stuck as well
If you come up with a solution let me know

Hey Gbebawy, If we may ask, what's the LED status of your Wemo Dimmers? What's the firmware of your Dimmers currently? Are you using the latest version of the app? Have you tried using another handheld device? Please make sure that the device you are using to control the Wemo Dimmers are on the same 2.4 GHz network as your Wemo Devices.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Led status is on 98% cant turn it off,

WeMo_WW_2.00.11060.PVT-OWRT-Dimmer

1.21 (170)

I always have multiple devices connected and use google assistant

What does the network have to do with the hard button on the wemo?
And the hard reset does nothing.

@Gbebawy,

We'd like to endorse your case to our Escalation Engineers and investigate the dimmer further. Please send us an email at Wemocares@belkin.com with the following details and the link to this community thread for reference. 

• Full name
  • Phone number
  • Username
  • Mobile OS version
Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support