WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO Dimmer not detected and will not hard reset

I have a dimmer and experiencing the same issue as stated several times above. Also tried the hard reset as well as the app but to no avail. The unit is only 2 months old. My other WeMo switch works fine that is not a dimmer. Should I swap it out?

@Comicalwit

Did this work fine before? Also, did you press and hold the LED bar until it illuminated red to reset it to its factory default settings? For this matter, make sure to connect the Dimmer to your 2.4GHz frequency network and also make sure that it's running on the latest firmware version.

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Yes this worked fine before but stop being detected on my phone after 2 months. The hard reset won't work still either. The switch itself works manually just not remotely.

Allow us to have this checked by our 2nd level support team, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com your contact details, your username and link to this thread so we can sort this out further. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

Exactly the same issue as described in the above posts. I think there is an issue with this dimmer. Mine worked fine for weeks, and now its just an expensive manual dimmer switch...

I now have the exact same issue. Will not reboot via the LED bar, not found in the app, and going to have to try a power reset through the breaker next. Has been working fine for a month prior to this (along with 4 other switches that still work fine) and is on the latest firmware...

This also sounds very similiar to the issue I posted here:

http://community.wemo.com/t5/WEMO-Hardware/Cannot-see-device-in-app-or-Alexa/td-p/42211

I cannot update the firmware on my switches because the setup doesn't finish.  

my dimmer is acting the same way. When I press and hold the colour is green which tells me it is set to go????????
Operates manually only.....

Hi, athelake. To verify, what's the LED llight status of the Wemo dimmer upon resetting it? Also, were you able to try the basic workarounds as well? If so, shoot us an email with your contact details, along with this thread at WemoCares@Belkin.com so we can have our escalation engineers further assist you.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I have a similar problem with my dimmer, the app shows "Not Detected" although my other 4 Wemo light switches show up in the app. I tried to reset the dimmer by pressing the LED bar but the LED in the bottom of the switch turns green then turns off. I turned the power off then on to the dimmer after that it started showing up in the app for a short while then I got the "Not Detected" message again. I can still get the dimmer to turn on or off using Alexa but not the app. When I open the app remotely the dimmer shows up in the app. This all happened when I upgraded to the latest firmware. The firmware version I have is 

WeMo_WW_2.00.11037.PVT-OWRT-Dimmer

The App version is

1.19.1 (491000)

iPhone6

iOS11.3

I checked suggestions for other questions, so I power cycled the router now all devices are detected.

Problem solved.