WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO LED bulb power on Delay

When I power up one of my brand new WEMO bulbs (Came in a starter kit) it doesn't light up for anywhere from 2-5 seconds and then seems to not be at full brightness)

I am also not able to search and find it, or reset it. Please help!!!

Re: WEMO LED bulb power on Delay

Hi. Try to manually reset the bulb and the link, then configure it again. Here are links for the reset:
http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=116170
http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=116178

Once you've configured it, make sure that the firmware of the Link and Bulbs are up to date.

Hope this helps.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I have this same problem with a bulb that had been working fine for a few months.  The app sys the bulb is not detected.  When turning the bulb off then on, there is a 3-4 second delay and then the bulb comes on very dim.  I cannot get the bulb to reset.  I tried unplugging the replugging the Wemo Link but that didn't help. 2 other bulbs are working just fine so there's no problem with my network or app. The working bulbs come on quickly and full brightness when manually powered on.

Does coming on at low brightness after a 3-4 second delay indicate some problem with the bulb?

What do I need to do to get my biulb working again? 

Hi Kcriqui! It's best if you will clear the rules you've assigned for that bulb and recreate them. If the same thing happens, reset the bulb.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

I cleared the rules for that bulb, but I still wasn't able to get the bulb recognized and of course I can't re-create rules for a non-existent bulb.  I have tried dozens of times to reset the bulb, but it does not work.  I can reset my other 2 bulbs easily so I know I'm doing the off-on-off-on-off-on correctly.

At this point, I think the bulb has failed.  The others come on immediately and at full brightness when powered on manually.  This one comes on 3-4 seconds after manual power on and at about 10% brightness.  Strange behavior that I was hoping pointed to a specific problem.

I've had 4 bulbs do that EXACT same thing and after a month or so of tech support through Belkin the only solution was to RMA the bulbs.

They will not ever show up again once they start behaving exactly as you've described.

@kcriqui wrote:

I cleared the rules for that bulb, but I still wasn't able to get the bulb recognized and of course I can't re-create rules for a non-existent bulb.  I have tried dozens of times to reset the bulb, but it does not work.  I can reset my other 2 bulbs easily so I know I'm doing the off-on-off-on-off-on correctly.

At this point, I think the bulb has failed.  The others come on immediately and at full brightness when powered on manually.  This one comes on 3-4 seconds after manual power on and at about 10% brightness.  Strange behavior that I was hoping pointed to a specific problem.

Good point. The behavior you've described is very unusual, and it basically points to a defective unit.

Please send us the details about this, your contact details and a link to this community thread through our email at WemoCares@belkin.com.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

@avious wrote:

I've had 4 bulbs do that EXACT same thing and after a month or so of tech support through Belkin the only solution was to RMA the bulbs.

They will not ever show up again once they start behaving exactly as you've described.

Please update let us if you get the same issue with the replacement bulbs.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Whoops, one of my bulbs decided that today was the day to show symptoms as described here... Emailed wemocares for a resolution. It's only been 8 months of light use.

Highlighted

Hi guys,

2019 !!! And same problem.

Any can resolve this issue ???

Kind regards ...