WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Light Switch Australia - no stock

HI,

I am finding it difficult to buy a WEMO Light Switch in Australia. All stores are out of stock. I already own 15 of them and need some more.When will they be stocked in Australian Stores again?

--Scott

Re: WEMO Light Switch Australia - no stock

Someone said they've been discontinued in Australasia

@scott90,

Out of the stores in Australia, JB Hi-Fi is the most likely to have stock on hand. We recommend that you try reaching out to them for the availability of the Wemo Light Switch in your region.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Christopher_S

So the rumour about discontinuation in Australia is untrue then?

Regards

Pete

I did pick one up from JB but they no longer have them on their website. They are also $79.95 where I bought some from Bunnings fwe months ago for $39.95 the same price there are listed on the Belkin Shop for. Bu JB won't price match online stores.

I am a little concerned if they are planning on discontinuing them in Australia, I have invested in Wemo and that would be a real bummer

[ Edited ]

Hi scott90

Let's hope that moderator Christopher_S will confirm the situation one way or the other. I'm not too hopeful though as business and sales strategies are usually guarded secrets.

Actually, I'm in the UK but if indeed as Steve1 has suggested the WeMo switch is being pulled out of Australasia, then I'm worried that Europe will follow. We can't get the WeMo light switch here anyway, but now I'm concerned about the other WeMo devices. I too have invested quite a lot in WeMo.

Regards

Pete

@christopher_s,

are you able to confirm if/when any more stock is going to be arriving in Australia?

I am able to find the Wemo Insight Switch & Netcam in stock, but can't find anywhere in Australia with the Light Switch or Smart Globes.

Are they discontinued, or are we just waiting for the next generation of parts?

Buy from amazon.com. They ship to Aus. Yes they aren't rated for 240V on the label but they are the same and will work.

Bad idea.

If they catch fire and your insurance company finds out they were imported and not certified your stuffed.

Heads up fellow Aussies, Bunnings are about to release Osram Lightify range, already available via Powerpass Trade account pre-order.
They are reported to be Wemo compatible and may even be better than the Wemo line in that you can control them directly through Alexa rather than having to go thru IFTTT