WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Mini Smart Plugs and WEMO WiFi Smart Light Switch not working with Google Home

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have both of them installed and working fine with Google Home but things got unpredictable beginning this year (2018).

Some time tbey will work if I reboot Google Home, but then they stop working again. Controlling from WEMO apps is fine up till yesterday. Starting yesterday, the Mini Smart Plugs would even disconnect and won't work with WEMO apps until I unplug and replug them in.

Anyone else having similar problem?

Thanks

Re: WEMO Mini Smart Plugs and WEMO WiFi Smart Light Switch not working with Google Home

I’m experiencing disconnect problems with the mini plugs too. The older Wemo plugs work fine. I’ve tried different routers, but have the same issue of disconnect within an hour. Received the minis for Christmas, however, looks like I’ll have to return them.

Re: WEMO Mini Smart Plugs and WEMO WiFi Smart Light Switch not working with Google Home

I tried the solution from Bilim35CI7 on one of theMini Wemo thread and it worked!

Freq band.: 2.4 GHz
Channel width: 20Mhz  (was Auto)
Network Mode: N Only (was Auto)

Channel : 6 (was auto and then I tried 11 but did not work)

Broadcast SSID: Yes

when it was broken, the plugs could not stay connected more than a few hours. So far they have been ok for about 2 days,