WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Mini does not work with Apple Airport Extreme (3rd Generation)

I've had a few very frustrating hours trying to setup a couple of brand new WEMO Minis.

I ended up switching from my Apple Airport Extreme to a Ubliquiti UniFi AC Pro Access Point and then deleting the WEMO app, closing out all other apps, restarting my iPhone, and reinstalling the app.

I tried to switch back to the Airport Extreme (same WiFi password) but the Minis won't connnect to it. Switched back to the UniFi AP and they work fine.

I'm very frustrated and won't be recommending the product to anyone.

-Neil

Highlighted

Re: WEMO Mini does not work with Apple Airport Extreme (3rd Generation)

@njohnsn wrote:

I've had a few very frustrating hours trying to setup a couple of brand new WEMO Minis.

I ended up switching from my Apple Airport Extreme to a Ubliquiti UniFi AC Pro Access Point and then deleting the WEMO app, closing out all other apps, restarting my iPhone, and reinstalling the app.

I tried to switch back to the Airport Extreme (same WiFi password) but the Minis won't connnect to it. Switched back to the UniFi AP and they work fine.

I'm very frustrated and won't be recommending the product to anyone.

-Neil

Try to reset the Wemo device and re-configure while connected to the Apple Airport Extreme. Also, make sure the firmware of both router and Wemo is updated. If the issue still persists, email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can forward this to our 2nd Level Support for further diagnosis along with your Phone Number, Location, Username, and Link to this Community thread for reference.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support

Hi. I have the same issue today. Replaced old netgear with new airport express. Reset wemo switch while on new network. Connected to wemo and selected network. Followed initial setup and selected new network. After setup the wemo doesn’t show up in app? Pls advice

@Graebe2000 wrote:
Hi. I have the same issue today. Replaced old netgear with new airport express. Reset wemo switch while on new network. Connected to wemo and selected network. Followed initial setup and selected new network. After setup the wemo doesn’t show up in app? Pls advice

Please force close the Wemo app and reboot (unplug/replug) Wemo Mini to check if the issue still occurs. Also, try to use a different handheld device upon setting up.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support