WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Mini will not connect to Homekit because it is in an endless update firmware loop.

[ Edited ]
  1. I setup my Wemo Mini plug with no issues.
  2. I click on "Connect to our Smart Home Partners".
  3. I click on "Apple Home app".
  4. I click on "Get Started".
  5. I see the following:
    IMG_1703.PNG
  6. I click "Update".
  7. I get the following:
    IMG_1704.PNG
  8. Followed by:
    IMG_1705.PNG
  9. I click the back button and then the endless loop repeats.

I've tried doing multiple factory resets and removing and re-installing the app. Nothing works.

Re: WEMO Mini will not connect to Homekit because it is in an endless update firmware loop.

Having the same issue and was on the phone for 45+ minutes with support. Waiting for s call back from a level 2 support tech. Sounds like they have a system defect but don’t know it yet!!!

Re: WEMO Mini will not connect to Homekit because it is in an endless update firmware loop.

Hi, bubbasparks. Please try the workarounds in this link in updating the firmware of your Wemo device. If the same thing happens, please send an email to WemoCares@belkin.com with the following info so that we can have our Escalation Engineers look into your concern
▪ your username and link to this community thread for reference
▪ current firmware version of your Wemo device
▪ Wemo app version
▪ the model and OS version of your handheld device
▪ your name
▪ phone number
▪ city/state

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

I am also having the same problem. My Wemo Mini has a firmware version of "WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2" and when I try to update it to the latest one, it WeMo App says "Nope, nothing new today."

I would like to know when the system issue is solved as DWizzel says.

@kj510

Hi there! We highly recommend to send an email to WemoCares@belkin.com along with the above-mentioned details so the team can look into this further and to better assist on the setback. We'll be looking forward to your email.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

Hi Moderator,

Thanks for your advice, I've sent an email to the address you mentioned.

I've sent an email to wemocares and received a reply that my issue is escalated to level 2 support and will be receiving a contact from the support team.

However, when I tried to update the firmware again, it successfully updated it, so I am assuming that the issue is solved at Belkin side and users had the same issue also can update it now. Might be worth trying it again now.