WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
BAB

WEMO Smart plug (F7C027) stopped working will not reconfigure to my network

I have used this WEMO Smart Switch Plug (F7C027) for the past couple of years and have been very happy.  Unfortunately, when I changed the name of my wireless network the WEMO device no longer functions.   I have reset the the switch and attempted to reconfig it to my wirelesss network to no avail.    I have also reinstalled the WEMO app from the Play Store for the most recent firm.   Still, no luck in reconfiguring the switch to my network.    

I am able to access the the switch via the app and start the configuration process to the point of adding my network password.  Once I have entered the correct password, (checked repeatly that it is correct) the WEMO device never configure to my network and the app eventuely indicates that it has lost connection with the WEMO device.  

Looking for any assistance? 

Thank you, 

BAB 

Re: WEMO Smart plug (F7C027) stopped working will not reconfigure to my network

Hi, BAB.
During the initial configuration, uncheck the "Remember WiFi Settings". If it goes through, check the remote access tab and verify if you're connected to the new SSID. Make sure that the Wemo Switch is close to the router to get a stable connection.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

Hi, BAB.
During the initial configuration, uncheck the "Remember WiFi Settings". If it goes through, check the remote access tab and verify if you're connected to the new SSID. Make sure that the Wemo Switch is close to the router to get a stable connection.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support
BAB

Hello Pamela -21733 

I attempted a reconfiguration using your guidance provided, and still no connection successful.  I attempted the "Remember WI-FI Settings" in the on and off position with the same results. 

Any other suggestions? 

Thank you, 

BAB 

it's part of a firmware bug I think because I was also having those issues. try deleting the wemo app and reinstalling 

Got that. If you have a dual-band router, make sure that the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network has a different SSID. What's the LED status of the device? Try moving the plug to a different power outlet and try a different handheld device as well. Before doing so, please reset your Wemo Switch first.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support