WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

WEMO Smart plug (F7C027) stopped working

I've had an F7C027 for almost 2 years and tonight it stopped working.

The manual switch still operates, but it is no longer recognized by the WEMO app.

I have a WiFi app that used to recognize it (and still recognizes all the other WiFi devices in the vicinity), but now doesn't see it.

I unplugged it, and plugged it back in...    Still no response (and not visible on the WiFi app).

I pressed the reset button on the unit...   Still no response (and not visible on the WiFi app).

Suggestions??

Thanks!

Re: WEMO Smart plug (F7C027) stopped working

Same problem. Has there been a firmware update?

Mine stopped working too..won't connect to wemo network

@DrEdHepler

We'll check on this, do you mean to say that it's no longer showing on your Wemo App's available devices or is it just grayed out? Also, what's the LED status of the switch? Try to reset it and reconfigure.

Update us on how it goes after resetting it. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

@DrEdHepler

We'll check on this, do you mean to say that it's no longer showing on your Wemo App's available devices or is it just grayed out? Also, what's the LED status of the switch? Try to reset it and reconfigure.

Update us on how it goes after resetting it. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

The next day, I tried again.   I plugged the Smart plug into a socket and just left it.    The "yellow" LED started to blink.    It stayed in this state for at least an hour (perhaps two), then the LED stopped blinking.     At this point the app recognized it (and Alexa was also able to recognize it).

Cwcltd & Bschacht

What's the version of the App running on? Also, what workarounds have you done so far? Have you tried the steps provided by Princes_C?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

My wemo stopped working today and I've reinstalled multiple times and still not being recognized by the app.

Hi, @GabeizradDo you mean to say that the Wemo App wasn’t able to detect your Wemo device? What’s the LED status of your Wemo device? Please try to uninstall and re-install the app. We also suggest you try to access it using a different handheld device and check if it does the same.

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support