WEMO Hardware

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: WEMO Switch NOT DETECTED

Yeah did reboot the router. Actually kicked a bunch more offline!

Slimytoad described my problem exactly. Everything is fine unless my phone is on wifi too.
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

On reason this can happen is if your router 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands are using the same SSID name.

My bands have unique (different) SSIDs and I stll see things dissappear only if my phone is connected to the same WiFi as the WEMOs.  If I connect only through the cell network or through a different access point to the web, my devices all appear fine.

WEMO Maker Inventor

Sounds like there's a bug in the belkin cloud or the belkin app...

If you turn off your wifi or connect to a separate SSID the belkin app assumes you're not home and connects to your wemos via their cloud.  When you turn on your wifi and connect to your SSID it's supposed to find the switches locally; something is blocking the search or the app is broken.  It might work to assign them reserved IPs as bilim said.  Them maybe a "disable and forget remote access" or an app reinstall might reset your account in the belkin cloud when the app re-discovers your devices.  Then again it might cause you to lose remote access as well...  but I think not 'cause as many others have found it's very difficult to remove someone's remote access if they visit your home and discover your wemos...

WEMO Maker Inventor

BTW, it's counter intuitive 'cause it's how the wemo app finds the wemos (but in fact is a good idea anyway) - disable UPNP/SSDP in your router if you have that setting.  For a while this was used for internal apps to punch holes in your router/firewall, so some routers would examine and discard these packets - when you disable them and perhaps enable IGMP it may let the requests flow properly.

Turned off Wi-fi and it immediately found it! Go figure...

I know this is an old thread, but I had exactly the same problem.

My 2,4ghz wifi was running on channel 6 and somehow the belkin devices got mad at that channel after some time.

So I switched to channel 1 just to test, and they started working straight away.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm now away from home with WiFi enabled on my iPhone.  I've never been able to connect to the WEMO switch when not hooked up to my home WiFi network.  My WEMO switch was unable to be detected.

Now I just turned off WiFi on my iPhone and I can control by WEMO wall switch for the first time.

Then I turned on WiFi on my iPhone and I can still control by WEMO wall switch!

Looks like the fix, for now, is turning the WiFi "off" then back "on."

Whatever...

Installed my 9th light switch (3rd dimmer) yesterday and the other 8 said undetected. I reset 2 of them and now those 3 work only on WiFi whole the others work only when WiFi is turned off. HELP